[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - BFG - ideas from internet
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

BFG - ideas from internet

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: BFG - ideas from internet

Postby Islacrusez » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:12 am

Amazing what a good bit of paint can do for a model!
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby horizon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:57 pm

horizon
User

Postby Malika » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:32 am

Ok, I'm going to the corner now and be quiet so I can be mindblown for a while...
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:48 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 pm

For all you BFG lovers out there, this might come out on Shapeways soon...
Found it on the
Malika
Junkie

Postby Commissar-Krad » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:25 am

Those are awesome!
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:40 am

Yeah the creator just showed me the other day and they are amazing! I want to see if I can talk him into doing some high res prints and casting them ;)
mangozac

Postby Xeones » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:41 am

I really like those little citadels. They're (dare I say) rather cute. :D

The starfort is a terrific concept and I'm honestly surprised no one has incorporated that look into the genre before now --though, as I say, I'm a bit more partial to the little guys.
Xeones

Postby horizon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:26 pm

If I read it well he had to change the gunnery bits. Shapeways said it was to brittle to print.

But, yes, very good designs.
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Gothicomp is always a great source of inspiration, some of my favourites:
Corvette Plumbata - Francois Karun

Waaagh! Gobsmak Ork Fleet - zenithfleet

Ordo Xenos Cruiser Inquisitor Lord Rorken - Bob Pottle

Terran Tyrant Battleship - Avien

Krak' em Ork Battlekroozer - zenithfleet

Plague Fleet - Timdp

Tau Courier Merchant Transports - zenithfleet

Plague Escalation Transports - Timdp
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:45 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby horizon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:25 am

Basics are there, they need a bit of refinement I think. Good start though.
horizon
User

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 am

Yes that is the work of a French friend of mine. I think it looks fantastic - I keep pushing him to move slightly further away from the GW Space Marine aesthetic.

What further refinement do you think they need, Horizon? I think his main problem is that these are Shapeways prints and not at a high enough resolution to truly look as good as they should.
mangozac

Postby Malika » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:52 pm

I've got an email from Shapeways that they've been changing their prices. Haven't accurately checked it yet. On Dakka it was mentioned that it's for the worse. Maybe printing at Shapeways isn't the great solution anymore, and the idea of printing a high quality prototype and then getting it cast would be a lot better! :D
Malika
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Modelling