[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Making a perfect, smooth cube
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Making a perfect, smooth cube

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Making a perfect, smooth cube

Postby ikkiyikki » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:55 am

Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm hoping this is the right place to ask.

I am putting together a collection of elements that I want to display in little acrylic blocks like this one:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... c_cube.jpg

These cubes are perfectly smooth and clear but are very expensive to buy ready-made with the samples embedded. It would be a lot cheaper (and fun!) if I could make my own.

What steps would I need to make a mold that would give seamless cubes? Or are the seams unavoidable and later buffed out?

Any help would be great... would love to show my progress from what I learn here!

Ras
ps. the cubes are 2 inches on a side
ikkiyikki
Casual

Re: Making a perfect, smooth cube

Postby Fleafa » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:40 pm

The seam will have been buffed out.

Fleafa
Junkie

Return to Modelling