[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 6mm/10mm/15mm - ideas from the internet
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

6mm/10mm/15mm - ideas from the internet

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 6mm/10mm/15mm - ideas from the internet

Postby Malika » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:01 am

Yes, it's real!

- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:01 am

Now I'm excited.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Malika » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:57 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:46 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Wed May 11, 2016 8:01 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Wed May 11, 2016 8:57 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sat May 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Psst:
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sun May 15, 2016 5:58 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon May 16, 2016 7:19 am

Very interesting! How do the established Epic players feel about the change of scale?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 pm

From what I've picked up around me on various forums people either think this is the end of Epic (as in the fan scene) or it will become a total revival. I'm a bit in doubt as to which it'll be. I guess 8mm Space Marines would make fine 'true scale' marines next to 6-7mm infantry. Titans and vehicles would be more accurately sized since in Epic the scales have always been off.

It's a smart move by GW, since they've basically turned a whole lot of third parties who've been producing proxies redundant. I can see their Age of Sigmar stuff (which is slightly larger than normal 28mm scaled models) being a step into a similar direction.

Luckily enough the stuff I've been doing for Vanguard Miniatures is slightly larger than the usual 6mm scaled stuff, meaning it might be compatible with GW/FW's upcoming 8mm range.

On the other hand, it'll all depend on how much attention/dedication GW/FW will give to this new range. If they'll end up ditching it in 2-3 years (which is a big possibility) the impact on the Epic community might not be that big at all.
Malika
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue May 17, 2016 8:49 am

I feel it'll be unlikely to have a serious impact on Epic. The tournament scene in the UK and Australia is well established and I doubt many long time players will want to buy new armies. Beyond that, GW was already pushing 7-8mm on the characters prior to discontinuing Epic and the fan sculpt "true scale" titans are the size of the new GW titans if my calculations are correct.

We also aren't talking about a relaunch of epic, just Titanicus. It'll be a stand alone box set not unlike Space Hulk or the others they've been putting out the last few years and very limited probability of an expansion.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu May 19, 2016 7:45 am

Yeah GW has always had a very rubbery scale, so I figured it would actually probably be better to have the larger titans and vehicles.

Good point about it just being a Titanicus relaunch. With that in mind I can see how it will either have very impact on Epic players other than perhaps providing some cool new titan models.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

PreviousNext

Return to Modelling