[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - OSJClatchfords custom bfg WIP stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

OSJClatchfords custom bfg WIP stuff

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

OSJClatchfords custom bfg WIP stuff

Postby osjclatchford » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:14 am

expect to find my stuff thats still "in grey" on this thread.
a wip for stuff thats not finished or painted yet.

so to start:
my kitbash of an endurance class light cruiser. just did this today out of bits from the bitsbox.
what a simple job to do! the observant will see that its simply: 4 lance fittings, a chaos bridge a 40k chaos tank-smoke-grenade-launcher as an engine a, bit of a tau battlesuit-gun as a midships and a converted imperial prow(with bits from the old marneus calgar backpack and some imperial eagle wings) + 10 minutes and some glue! I will probably swap the prow out for something sexier afore painting...

here we have a few more bashes.
this time a dominator with a custom voss prow (from a section of a pair of scissors handle), chaos bridge, and featuring custom weapon batteries made from square plastic rod on plates from a 40k venerable dreadnought.

also displayed is a lunar with another custom voss prow (the only part painted as yet LOL), helian weapons and battlebarge engines, chaos bridge and funky ass-end. just something I was toying with.

finally we come to my mckay-class orbital weapon platform created from two kartcher pressure washer valves and and inner-part of a garden sprinkler... this was fun... more soon?
osjclatchford
Casual

Re: OSJClatchfords custom bfg WIP stuff

Postby mangozac » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:05 am

Very cool stuff! I love the light cruiser kitbash!

Thanks for sharing :)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:46 pm

thanks, it will look better with its new prow ;)
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:24 pm

so here is a moon wip. its a 2" plastic cat-toy ball covered in miliput on a flying base.

its just a case of pressing different radius brush handles in at differing pressure...
However Its been done for a day and the bastard miliput still hasn't dried. its mixed properly but was an old batch. :cry:

I know that miliput dries chemically not based on temperature/humidity any ideas on making it dry faster? if its not dried off in another day I'll paint the whole thing in pva or something... suppose I could just make another... ;)

*edit*
pva glaze worked a treat. painted up fine :D h
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:40 am

another wip awaiting paint!

I had a stroke of luck on ebay and managed to get a few cruisers for a song!

I decided to rejig this former lunar cruiser into a Armageddon class battlecruiser.
Unlike my other cruisers, this one is mostly as-is from the box/sprue (well aside from the prow)
its standard issue look was something I felt I'd keep on this one as I don't think I have a single un-converted model in my fleet! LOL
now the prow. I decided to add on some ribbing to the edges to, 1) reflect the original imperial prow designs and, 2) add an overall sense of beefyness that also allude to the status of the ship; battlecruiser, not just cruiser...

also note the helion turret on the top of the prow. wanted something shooty there but not another full size turret as it might look overkill. this is a fine balance between the laser lances and the general ordnance turrets you see elsewhere on cruisers...
Last edited by osjclatchford on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:45 am

this is the next of those aforementioned cruisers. this time I went for a mars class As my Armageddon fleet is in dire need of a good carrier, but I also chose the mars over a dictator class because of the always fun novacannon and the even extra nastiness factor of the dorsal mounted laser lances. tbh its a great all-round vessel and no fleet should leave dock without one. only reason I have not constructed one till now is my strong dislike of the gw imperial launch bay designs. In comparison the zeus bays are much nicer and more integral looking in their design...

As such, you can see I've used the zeus launch bays and weapons and then a converted zeus prow to feature a winged skull in place of the more conventional eagle.
I also decided to use the turrets from the long suffering battlebarge kit (seriously I've stripped this thing to nothing to use bitz from it on at least 5 ships now...) as they have a nice meaty look to them that is in keeping with a battlecruiser's stature...
I nearly used those on the above armageddon class but chose not due to the fact the port and starboard laser rigs have the classic lance turrets so I felt they should all match. just as well really because these look great on this mars!
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:21 pm

ok its been an age since I went WIP on you so I figured I'd share the goods before they get a hit of chaos black and the real fun begins.

as mentioned before, a friend gave me his huge collection of imperial and chaos bfg gear.
so I'm exceedingly pleased to announce that my voss fleet will at last be getting some serious firepower in the form of this retribution class battleship; the 'Righteous Infliction'
in actuality, I've had this on the shelf for ages now but have been too tied up with my imperial guard 40k stuff to do bfg at the minute.

and also this overlord (my favourite class of battlecruiser), the 'Ultimus Umbra'
obviously based on the blackship kit with an alternative voss prow

please ignore the old grey paint scheme on these... all will be in the appropriate fleet colours of battlegroup Devastatus soon...

and finally the deathwatch hit the stars:
this all came about because the first print of admGR's grey knights cruiser sent by shapeways looked like it had been held over a candle all down the port side. having informed them of such a failure, they promptly sent a replacement free of charge. so this damaged strike cruiser plus the strike cruiser conversion kit and some zeus weapon batteries and this is the result...

enjoy!
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby Vaaish » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:05 am

Fun fact: that Strike cruiser upgrade package you have there was originally intended for the Forge World GK SC but I ended up getting a sweet deal on 5 GW ones.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 am

osjclatchford
Casual

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 pm

ok, Malika actually asked for a wip shot of the other one of these I made ages ago but at the time I did not have one.
I just decided to make a new one for my merchant/transport fleet; 'Yellowline trucking', as such I have a wip to show you...

so to break it down. its a meltabomb. bit of sprue as the prow (dome is a blob of tacky glue) plasticard fin with the lugs off of an imperial tank track as engines and a cut down aerial as the main engine/bridge. copper roofing nail as base.
easy parts to get hold of and as such easy to replicate, so have fun making bubba fuel transports!
it works pretty good as a system-ship sized fuel transport as far as I can see...

*EDIT*
did a couple more and took a shot:
see if you can recognize all the bitz!
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby Islacrusez » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Nice little transports. I tried making one of those but had trouble with proportions, couldn't find anything to use for the cargo if you use a shoulder pad for the prow. Any suggestions?
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:16 am

Space marine shoulder pad is way too large for a system ship...
osjclatchford
Casual

Postby Islacrusez » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Islacrusez
Habit

Return to Modelling