[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Wiltrichs' Female Jungle Fighter Project
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Wiltrichs' Female Jungle Fighter Project

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Wiltrichs' Female Jungle Fighter Project

Postby Wiltrichs » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 am

Hi all,

I think this is the most appropriate section :? so here it goes!

When I saw pictures of the Studio McVey 'Lt. Kara Black' miniature a while back, the first thing that popped into my head was the large scale female Catachan Jungle Fighter (with heavy bolter) I remember seeing in White Dwarf years ago by one of the Perry Brothers.

Well I bought one and it turned up a couple of weeks ago... I've been itching for some spare time to finally start my little project. My idea is to make my own version of a female Jungle Fighter using the Kara Black mini carrying a heavy bolter, she is 35mm tall and a little out of scale for GW bits, so will have to do some scratch building for her weapons etc. I'm not sure if I'll have to alter her stance slightly if she is supposed to be carrying something as heavy as a heavy bolter.

For the display base I want her to be in a jungle setting, I've always liked brass etch for vegitation but I haven't had much pratice with it. The few times I have used it, the results haven't been too hot :lol: so would be interested to hear if anyone has tips about working with the stuff when I come to work on the base :)

Anyway, I thought I'd throw it up here to see what other people think. I know its only a small modelling project but hopefully you'll chip in with some ideas or suggestions as I go.

I'll post some pics over the next few days.

Cheers

Wil :)
| |
"When the pin is pulled Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!"
Wiltrichs
Casual

Re: Wiltrichs' Female Jungle Fighter Project

Postby mangozac » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Wow that is a simply stunning sculpt! There's really nothing about it I don't like and she should convert to a Catachan chick very nicely. I've not had any experience with photo etch plants so I'll be interested to hear any advice on that also.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Warhound » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey Will!

Glad to see the you get some stuff up over here;-) Oh- and nice to see your work in the latest White Dwarf ;)

Brass etch is loverly to work with, as long as you treat it like landscaping- each plant and therefore leaf has to be 'grown' individually to get just the right effect (you should see Matt parkes current diorama wip!!!)

I look forward to seeing what you do with this updated Perry model;-)

cheers
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Postby paulson games » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:34 pm

That's a great looking sculpt, I may have to pick up one of those if they are still in stock. The base is really striking as well and reminds me of the scenery in the Aliens movie.
paulson games

Postby Dominus Ex Machina » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:17 pm

I ordered one of these minis just a few days ago, still waiting for it to arrive.

Looking forward to seeing how you go about making your version! I'm planning to place mine in an urban environment.
Dominus Ex Machina
Casual

Return to Modelling