[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Kit Bash Wolf Priest in Terminator Armour
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Kit Bash Wolf Priest in Terminator Armour

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Kit Bash Wolf Priest in Terminator Armour

Postby Arkangel » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 am

Ok so it's been a while for posting something genuinely 'new' so here goes. Obviously while I've been away from RA on the posting part I've still been keeping my hand in. Space Wolves being my genuine first love when it comes to Marine Chapters are a big part of my gaming. I have a large Space Wolves Army to go along with my Red Scorpions Army and my Mech Imp Guard Army all supported by my Warhound and Reaver Titans :twisted:

Anyway he's a WIP step by step on how to kit-bash yourself a convincing, I think, Wolf Preist in Terminator Armour with a Terminator styled Wolf Helm, using parts from the Space Wolves kits.

Parts
For this miniature you will need:
1. A suitable Torso and Legs from the Space Wolves Wolf Guard box set, of your choice ;)
2. A standard Terminator Helmet from any termintor kit from the new range
3. Two Wolf Guard Thunder Hammers with Wolf Skull and Wing
4. A Large Wolf Skull accessory part from the Space Wolves pack along with the Winged Skull Totem used for the back packs
5. Wolf Pelt from the Wolf Guard box set
6. Weapon of choice for the LEFT arm

Now for my own I also added a brass etched Space Wolf Aquilla to the Torso and I will be using the Left arm form the Wold Guard sprue that allows for a seperate left hand. My Fully finished Wolf Priest will have a scratch built combi-melta with box magazine to look similar to the stern guard type, this made totally of plastic will be cast in resin so i can replicate it for my wolf guard and my red scorpion sternguard vets. :mrgreen:

Here's a shot of the basic parts

Wolf Helm
As you can see it shows both the 'cored-out' helmet and shaved down skull with originals for comparrison, that fit together to create the Wolf Helm. This does take some patience. The best thing to do is take your time, start with the helmet and cut out the interior from the forehead down to the lower jaw area. This will become apparent in later picts.
The Crozius is easy. Cut one wing from one of your two thunderhammers, then cut the hammer head of the other, and then pin the two together.
Once this is done fit the assemble the wolf pelt as normal, and glue the wolf skull into the helmet this will give you the following parts.

Full Parts minus left hand

Wolf Helm Close-up

Assembly
The hardest part to this is positioning the wolf pelt, again patience is the key, once this is done you can drill into the top of the pelt into the upper torso, and then pin both by using the winged skull totem. Then it should look something like this:

Assembled Wolf Priest

Just goes to show what you can achieve in a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon while you watch a movie in the back ground :mrgreen:
Hope you enjoy, that's all for tonight folks more tomorrow hopefully. Follow the link at the bottom for more pics :mrgreen:

Arkangel
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: Kit Bash Wolf Priest in Terminator Armour

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey Dan, great to finally see some modelling from you!

I'm not a big Space Wolf fan, so I'm sure some of the coolness is lost on me :roll:
It does look good, but I reserve final judgement until I see some paint on it!

Is that a FW brass etch eagle on the front of the torso? It looks VERY nice and crisp.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Arkangel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:23 am

It is a forgeworld etched brass piece. They're very easy to use you just have to be pateint with them and place them using a dry fit before you super-glue them on. I tend to press/roll them round a pen or pencil first if I'm putting them onto a torso or rounded surface. it's easier to place them then with some tweezers if they have a little shape. plus it makes the 'dry-fit' process easier too. :D

Arkangel
Habit

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:51 pm

I really like this conversion, the wolf skull helmet is simply awesome. I passed on the link to one of my buddies who plays SW and will be using the conversion ideas.

Looks killer and I'd like to see it when it's fully painted.
paulson games

Postby Arkangel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Arkangel
Habit

Postby dark_gear » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Greatly appropriate parts selection for a kitbash. Bonus points for etched brass chest piece and drilling out the wold skull. I'm also not a marine fan (since they're so prevalent) but you're taking this conversion in a direction that really follows the visual style of the SW and even enhancing the "presence" of the mini without taking it over the top.

Seeing as I've been out of the loop for a while here on RA I have no idea what the level of your painting is but I can easily just picture a haunting lightning blue glow or sunburst orange glow coming out of the eye sockets.

Maybe I've just been looking at Carnifex legs for too long but the one design element I would reconsider is the legs. With all that extra detail and bulked up shoulder pads, they seem a bit small even for terminator armour. Stretching, widening, bulking or up armouring them up could possibly ground the model a bit more and balance the flowing mass of the wolf cloak.

Whatever you do it's still a great conversion. Can't wait to see it painted.

Marc a.k.a. Dark_Gear
dark_gear
Casual

Postby Barn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Excellent conversion!

I currently only have 1 Termie (apart from Njal that is), and its a converted AoBR model :P

One day i'll work on a 'Loganwing' though.
Barn
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:37 am

I agree this is a very nice conversion. Simple clean and very effective.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby thedreadking » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Yep,

I have to agree is a nice job, does what it needs to

'dred'
thedreadking
Casual

Postby Arkangel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:05 am

Well I've been away a while, however over the next few weeks/months I should be updating. I managed to get hold of some the moulding stuff I planned to use and had some success. To that end I'll be updating the Wolf Priest with his Combi melta made from the mold of the original!! Watch this space :mrgreen:

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 am

Quit teasing and start taking pictures! :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Return to Modelling