ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

DIY Swap mini for 2010

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

DIY Swap mini for 2010

Postby Vaaish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 am

With a few epic scale projects cleared out, I've spend the last couple of days putting together for the DIY chapter swap over on Bolter and Chainsword. Overall I'm pretty happy with everything, but I may go back and swap out the weapon for one off the old 3rd edition sprue for variety. It will be another few weeks till I get to painting him though.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Re: DIY Swap mini for 2010

Postby paulson games » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Sweet looking bionic foot. Is it cast or just built from styrene?
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Remind me why you aren't scratchbuilding entire minis? That work on the bionic leg is simply superb!

Overall it's looking good and I'd be happy with the weapons. Good pose too. What's the story with the Chapter swap thing? I did a quick Google but no luck.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks! the foot is just built from styrene. Almost didn't bother with it since it's just a swap mini.

Zac, I'm not building entire models because I'm lazy and have far too much other stuff to paint up to bother. :) I have ideas far into the future for honor guard stuff....

The chapter swap is a thing on bolter and chainsword each year people sign up with chapters they've created. After the deadline the everyone is assigned someone elses chapter to paint a single model for. After that it's really up to the painter what they do. I tend to use these things to test out new techniques or to practice conversions or do stuff I'd normally never put on my own marines. That's why this guy has the banner and so many purity seals.

IIRC the fluff behind this chapter is they are pretty closely attached the the admech and like bionics so that;s what he got. It's also why I'm debating the old style weapons.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Return to Modelling