[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Project Log: Marauder Destroyer
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Project Log: Marauder Destroyer

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Project Log: Marauder Destroyer

Postby BlueRonin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 am

BlueRonin
User

Postby BlueRonin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 am

Here are some shots of my airmobile Catachan regiment's Vendetta. This was the first aircraft I weathered - so I learned some lessons I hope not to repeat on the Marauder Destroyer (I'm currently getting some practice in on a Valkyrie as well).

Note that the Valkyrie-class aircraft will be more heavily weathered than a Marauder Destroyer due to their different battlefield role, but I still want the N.O.E. flying Marauder to look worn and torn, not afraid to get stuck in there!

Also take note that this one is hand painted, not airbrushed.
BlueRonin
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:57 am

OK well your weathering is indeed justified now that I understand the reasoning behind it ;)
Nice work on the Vendetta by the way - if you can improve on those skills for the Marauder you'll be doing a great job indeed!

Your explanation of the "layering" process does make a lot of sense. Like I said, I'm not too well educated on the subject yet so I was very interested to hear your reasoning. Don't worry; it's going to be a massive learning experience for me when I start painting my SAW kit with these techniques!

Great work mate, thanks for sharing as always ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Previous

Return to Modelling