[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Need model Identified please
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Need model Identified please

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Need model Identified please

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 am

OK Group. I am posting this here as we have a kinda good group and Very knowledgeable crowd. Feel free to take these pics and post other places or show them to someone who might know.

I got this today as a present. It is light creme Resin, with a tab (it broke off though). the tab LOOKS like it possibly had some info on the original, but when cast it was covered up/hidden so nothing is identifiable on this model. This is said as it is clear that the "info marks" were covered and cast form the original, and not just a bad cast. OK well on to the model, as you can see it is VERY much like a Certain Workshop that produces Games stuff. I have never seen it before. the pistol and holster look like GW. the face does not. Now is this a "rouge" GW employee that made a mini and cast?? Is it a conversion that was cast? Is it a common mini I just live under a rock and have never seen??? What is this guy??
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Re: Need model Identified please

Postby Arkangel » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey Joe.
It's a, looks like a copy, of Maximillian Weisemann the 'Famous' Baneblade Tank commander. This is the Dis-mounted version which was only available if you purchased 'His' version of the Resin Baneblade. It did also come with a mounted version to put in the tank cupola.
However I've just had a look @ the FW site and they've pulled the model now so it looks as though it is no longer available on general release. There is always the possibilty of ordering direct they may have the odd one knocking about.

But that is who it is.

His Baneblade is called Arethusa, '212', and the back-ground and rules can be found in Imperial Armour Voulme One page 210, however it has since been updated to co-incide with the new Imp Guard codex and New Baneblade points costings, so for the updated points cost download the Imp Arm Vol 1 Update direct from the FW website, but you'll need the full book for the background to Weisemann and what happens to him and his tank :mrgreen:

Here are some links for help:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/P ... e28AUG.pdf

http://www.darkeyestudios.co.uk/Jay/Max_Weisemann.html

Hope this helps matey,

Arkangel
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks buddy. Exactly what i needed.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Anytime,
Big Tanks are my thing along with Titans and Space wolves :)
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:32 am

HA!! Then you and I shall be friends..... I am missing a large section of FW release knowledge from 2001-2002 and 2003-2007 due to "turbulent world relations" And this is one of those things that fell through the crack apparently.

I do love me some tanks...and Im making my 2nd space wolf army (i held off because of the new release....I didnt want to be THAT guy..)
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Return to Modelling