[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Epic Ordinatus Minorus
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Epic Ordinatus Minorus

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Epic Ordinatus Minorus

Postby mangozac » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:33 am

Wow that landing platform looks seriously awesome! Is it scratchbuilt too? These really are going to be a badass trio of superheavies!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 am

Thanks, and yep, the landing pad is 100% scratch built. Even magnetized it so that in the future I can use this one as an alternate minorus to add other weapons to.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Barn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:56 am

Damn they look awesome. Now just for the 40k scale ones! :P
Barn
User

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

I leave the 40k scale ones up to y'all... all it requires for the base is a FW macharius hull and a GW manticore box with a modified Chimera turret. After that, the rest is plasticard and tubing :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:42 pm

mangozac

Postby Barn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Hmm come October i just may :P
Barn
User

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:05 am

Well, after a good bit of work thursday night, Xeones completed the structure and most of the detailing for the spotter plane. I did some GS gap filling and adjustments to the front windscreen before doing the landing struts last night as well as some underside detailing and the strip around the cockpit.

As it is now, it's got the under coat of dark flesh and the wash over the top to get the shading prepped for highlights. All things considered this should be done tonight.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Congratulate Xeones on his scratchbuilding efforts! I think I can identify some of the parts. Was a colonial viper used as general inspiration?
mangozac

Postby Xeones » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 am

Hey Zac, it's been a while no? Hope things are good on your end. I know what you mean about being jealous of Vaaish and his proliferation of models. I'd be happy if I could manage half as much time these days! :(

The Viper wasn't inspiration per se. My main aim was to do something that had a very simple structure that would be fairly sturdy at that tiny scale. Even so, it did end up looking a lot like a Viper in the end. :)

The bitz used: The kroot gun barrels are an obvious one, the canopy is from a loose mortar round, the wing ordinance is from an ork shoota ammo belt and the engine nozzels are from an obscure and tiny bit from an antenna on the IG tank comm array, which in turn, came from the Apoc Command sprue.

Everything else was just plasticard. It was definitely the most detailed thing I've attempted at that scale, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
Xeones

Postby mangozac » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:09 am

Yeah it has been a while! Hope you're doing well also. It's great to see you doing some modelling again - I remember your attention to detail on that Piranha you modified was quite impressive ;)

Thanks for dropping by!
mangozac

Postby Seb » Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Reading that list of parts gives me a very sobering sense of just how small that little blighter of a fighter is.. :o

Heya Xeones, class work mate. :)

- Seb
Seb

Previous

Return to Modelling