[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Epic Ordinatus Minorus
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Epic Ordinatus Minorus

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Epic Ordinatus Minorus

Postby Vaaish » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Well, this has been a somewhat frustrating week. Last week I ran out of white primer which meant I had to make a run to the LGS to pick up more. Unfortunately, when I tried the can at home, there was something messed up with it and it clogged the nozzle within a half second of pressing down. A replacement nozzle and some fiddling failed to produce a working can. Since I'd grabbed the last can while I was there last and the next shipment was slated to come in today, I didn't get much painting done. Today when I came in, they were still out but more is supposed to arrive next week. :( In the mean time, I've started tackling a project that's been sitting on my table for some time: the Ordinatus Minorus for my AdMech army. At this point, most of the work on the chassis is done and I'm prepping to build the two Quake Cannons and CLP to go on top but I thought I'd go ahead an post an in progress shot for now. There are two more identical models not shown here (though both of those are lacking the turrets which are currently in a mold waiting for the GS to cure.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Re: Epic Ordinatus Minorus

Postby mangozac » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Very interesting and something a bit different! I realise it's an Epic model but what is the combined length?

I think we should see modelling in progress shots from you more often ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 am

erm, combined length, hmmm... It's about 8cm long or about 2/3 of the hydra chassis longer than a baneblade. It's longer but not as wide or tall so it comes across as smaller vehicle. The landing pad and main cannons will help bulk things up more.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 am

Well the construction of the Quake cannons is moving along at a good clip. I have some final detailing to do to them tonight, but there is one thing I'm lacking to finish these out.

Does anyone have two spare FW brass etched eagles I could buy? I'm looking for ones that are either 1cm wide or the larger ones in the upper left of this image:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Prod ... glessm.jpg

any help would be appreciated!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 am

I have a partial sprue of them around somewhere, let me check for them and I'll let you know if I have the right sizes.
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 am

cool, thanks!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 am

Another little update, finished up the main cannon today minus a brass etched imperial eagle I hope to acquire soon. For those unfamiliar with it, it's my take of the old titanicus quake cannons. This leaves the gun mount to do and the two quake cannon minorus will be done.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Love the cannon design! Very nice work as always!
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:18 am

That's cool as F$%£! Ok so the REAL question is, who want's to be the first to build a 40k one!!!! :twisted:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:53 am

NOT ME! :P It takes long enough to do these at epic scale, I'd hate to have to build one at 40k scale!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:06 am

And after much riveting today, the first two minorus are complete and ready for painting (and the eagle on the cannon when it gets here!). This leaves the landing pad minorus and the little fighter that Xeones is helping me build for it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up the construction of the pad this week. Of course those won't hit the painting stand until after I get a couple of epic warhounds done up.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Barn » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:27 am

They look awesome, and make me wish there was a 40k size one :P
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 am

Very, very nice! Indeed also gives me the itch to build a giant tank in 28mm ;)

Do you cut up signs or something for your styrene sheet? What thickness are you using for the banding?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am

LOL. Well, about three or so years ago when Xeones and I started in on this, we bought a for sale sign to use as plasticard and it's finally getting used up. I usually defer to the sign for materials and then use the plasticard sheet we have elsewhere.

For the banding I used .01x.03 styrene strip.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 am

Well this last week was spent mostly finishing up the remaining conversion/scratch building for the third minorus. It's still missing the little spotter aircraft that's about halfway finished, but that's easy to add after the painting is done. If all goes well, that painting will be done this week. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Next

Return to Modelling