[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - More Battletech
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

More Battletech

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: More Battletech

Postby paulson games » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:03 am

That will be so much easier to work with now! That mech is a cool looking design too ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 am

Yeah, the difference between this and the plastic I'm working with is crazy. Just because I'm a masochist I decided to try fixing up the plastic warhammer and wolverine as well as use them to so some pose conversions. I think I've resculpted nearly half of the warhammer to get that thing looking near acceptable. In fact, I'm waiting right now for it to finish drying so I can go in and fix a couple more areas like the shin and the vents from casting.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 pm

mangozac

Postby paulson games » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm

I imagine it can be cut and reposed a bit. The stock pose has always been kinda odd, but it's more or less the same as the old macross/robotech design. The hips are fused to the torso while the legs and feet are seperate pieces, if the hip sections were cut loose they should be reposeable provide the legs are also cut at the knees.

Probably more work than I want to do however. :)
Without the arms attached it's very rear heavy and tips over constantly, the arms help with the balance but not by much.

paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 am

Last edited by paulson games on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 am

Hey that's cool! It looks like a home scratchbuild and cast job - is it?
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:51 pm

paulson games

Postby paulson games » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm

I started working on a kit bash for a new command lance. The Hatamoto-Chi has always been my favorite Combine mech as you can't get much cooler than a giant metal samurai.

The sword is one of the no-daichi swords I have on my site. The battletech minis are around 45-55mm tall so the oversized sword looks more like a standard sword when put on that scale of mini. (the sword is 40mm long) I added extra back banners as I thought it looked cool and being part of a command lance is a great an excuse to make it really stand out.

ImageImage
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:32 pm

That's looking nice. I just saw this guy last night in one of Mr. Chaffee's paintings for the cover of the draconis combine field manual and it was pretty striking in white.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 am

Good product placement with the sword ;)
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Wow that look fantastic! Can we see a picture of the master to get an idea of how they're doing things? The cast looks pretty good to me...
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 pm

that is a very nice model. far, far better than the plastic thing even if it is quite a bit larger :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Modelling