[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - DKoK Grenadier with stubber
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

DKoK Grenadier with stubber

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: DKoK Grenadier with stubber

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 am

Mud/dirt on the shinpads would be a nice final touch, but other than that I think it looks perfect. Mark may disagree, of course :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Dominus Ex Machina » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Cheers mangozac, I added some dirt (went a little wild and added more to his coat and machine gun, also threw a little on his helmet). This hasn't been sealed on there so it is easy to remove, what do you think?

Dominus Ex Machina
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 am

IMO the mud on the helmet is a little overboard. I'd like to see a little more on the lower front of the shin pads also.
mangozac

Postby CMDante » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:09 am

I disagree, I think the mud on the helmet looks fine.

Very nice piece this, good base too, if a little tall of a plinth for my personal preference. I think a name plate for the piece on the large black area of the plinth at the front would help break it up a little.

Otherwise, great painting!

Cheers,

Dante

CMDante
Casual

Postby Dominus Ex Machina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 am

Cheers guys!

Mangozac, I added some more dirt to the shin-plates, cheers for the suggestion. I also did reduce the dirt on the helmet slightly, so it's more centred around the rivets.

CM Dante, a little name plate would be nice! I've been thinking of that myself but first of all don't know where to get one made or how to make one. And second of all I haven't been able to come up with a suitable title for this piece... Either way, this was only meant to be a quick piece, so I don't think I'll add one, though you are right, it would fit nicely on there.

I've went ahead and uplaoded some finished pics in the Solitary section ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=131 ) , you can also vote for him on CMON here: http://coolminiornot.com/240900
Dominus Ex Machina
Casual

Postby CMDante » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 am

It's possible to make name plates using a sheet of aceotate and a printer. Get a sheet of decent, but printable thickness, create your name design in photoshop or whatever (make sure the letters will be blank with a black fill around it - effectively a negative of the lettering), reverse it, print the design on the aceotate and then paint the area you will be putting the name plate over with the desired colour for the lettering.

Simple, cheap and quick!

CMDante
Casual

Postby blind pig » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 am

I have a *huge* DKoK army, and I'm ashamed to say that, although all are assembled and undercoated, that is all that has been done. :(

I've been following this with keen interest and a bit of apprehension, if I am to do all of my minis as well as this one that you have done, then I'll be a very old duck before I finish. :lol:

Don't suppose you could give the basic colours/highlights used?

Phleeeese??
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

CMDante hasn't posted here in ages, and looking at his profile hasn't visited in a couple of months either :(
You might be best to PM or email him...
mangozac

Previous

Return to Painting