[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish Paints.... things....
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish Paints.... things....

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish Paints.... things....

Postby Ein » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi there!
What's the story behind those Epic Mars Pattern Warhounds?
Did you scratchbuild them?
Are they "available"
Please let me know.
Thanx.
Marcio
Support your local hobby shop !
Ein
Casual

Postby Vaaish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 pm

I think he got them on the tactical command forums. I didn't actually build these, but they are true scale which is partly their downfall since it makes them about the size of a warlord titan.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm

And we are ready for another WIP shot. The blue and yellow are now done which puts me in position to try working on the freehand tomorrow night. After that it's trim, bases and final touchups to finish these two off.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:54 am

It was requested that I include wip shots for these so here's the first for the these two reavers. Right now this is after completing the metals for the structure and other bits. I still have to do the barrels of the TLD and the gold trim, but those come later after most of the detailing and the blues are finished up. Which brings me to my next phase. If all goes well I should be getting the blues painted on as well as the yellow for the head and the washes today. With an extra bit of luck I might even get the highlights done on the blue and yellow too leaving me with details and basing for next week. I tried out a few different recipes here for the bronzy goldish color on the hips.

I slightly screwed up the leg on one of them so it doesn't quite have the feeling of weight behind it as I wanted.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:49 am

That's a very nice looking model - it it another 3D print based one like the warhounds? A couple of proportions seem slightly off, but not enough to be a problem - and certainly made up for by the level of detail!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Yeah this is another one of the prints and he's pretty massive. This will probably be the last update for me until after tomorrow. I may get some time to get the blue fully highlighted before moving into details like insignia numbers, and other things. It might not look like a whole lot has changed since the last shot but this is the blue added in, washed with black, and touched up as well as the head ready for the final gold detailing.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

These are absolutely amazing.... And interest me some....

Are these available for purchase? feel free to contact me in a personal message to avaiod the Dogs sniffing out but I would be interested in a set of these if its feasable to ship to the US around the beginning of the new year....
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

You'd think with all of the work already done FW would just buy the rights from the sculptor and recast themselves...
mangozac

Postby Anvils Hammer » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Alas.. I suspect forgeworld would be unable to do that, as it would mean first acknowledging that the sculptor even HAS rights!

Awesome models!! how tall are they?

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:09 pm

All of the epic stuff I paint has been run by FW. The masters were even offered free of charge to them, but FW basically said they were pretty sweet but they weren't interested in 6mm models outside of AI. IIRC I think that even Jervis has seen them.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:39 am

I would expect it's more to do with pig-headed GW policy than anything else. From a business point of view it makes a lot of sense to at least pick up the Reaver: I would expect titans in any scale to sell well and if no investment needs to be made there is next to no risk.

I would love to cast them up, but it would be a bit blatant for me to be comfortable with...
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I want the master 3D files so bad!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:12 pm

I was debating whether to post this now or wait until the first layer of the gold was in place since it would make things quite a bit cleaner. I figured that if I posted now there would be a bit more to go to completion so I went ahead with the shots. This will be the last WIP shot until the final. Still have to do the gold, parchment, and bases before any final touchups and varnish but I feel pretty confident that will be done tomorrow or the next day.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:31 am

I know it's a pain to take WIP pics when you're not soliciting feedback, but they are appreciated ;)

I'm amazed how much you manage to avoid getting blue paint sploshed over the white areas where the gold is going - or do you repaint them white before doing the gold?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 am

yeah, it is a bit especially since many times there are so many additional tweaks that will happen before the finished product that a good deal of feedback is outmoded by the time someone says anything. It does provide a little window into the process to get something like this painted up.

Anyway, they are both finished now and just waiting varnish tomorrow since it's too cold to do anything tonight. I might take photos as they are right now in a bit or leave it for tomorrow too.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Painting