[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish Paints.... things....
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish Paints.... things....

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish Paints.... things....

Postby paulson games » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm

I like seeing the in progress shots. My input probably isn't too helpful as my painting skill is no where close. But seeing these done as a step by step I think is very helpful as it gives me new ideas on how to approach my future models.

It's given me a better idea of how you build up things in sections, my aproach has typically been to just put paint down everywhere at once which gets a bit messy, I think I'm going to follow how you do things on teh next batch and see if I can step up my painting a bit.

I apreciate the step by step shots. :D
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 am

Well at least they have some use then :)

Yeah, I tend to try to work up the drybrush stuff first since it's usually pretty messy and bleeds over to other areas. Then it's the primary colors and finally details. You might have missed it, but the Victor I painted is a far more in depth look at how I paint things up:
http://www.twolandscreative.com/life/90 ... g-tutorial
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:31 am

It's time to do the Servitors for my 40k Techmarine I finished up a couple of weeks a go. Now, I'd not originally planned much in the way of changes to these guys. They came with the set and seemed alright until I actually opened it and had a chance to examine them from different angles. I decided I really didn't like the coveralls look they had going since it left a rather ambiguous waist and really seemed bland. So this last week I set about sculpting on armor plates and converting the coveralls into more of a BDU style tunic. I only did three since the 4th guy has so many tubes and other junk all over him that it really didn't seem like there was any way to change it outside of sanding the model smooth. I don't know how long this will take to paint up, but they are far less complex than the tech marine so I'm hoping it'll only need a week or so to do so I can finally say my 40k army only really needs to have 5 models to do: two contemptors to use as regular dreads, one dread conversion, and two land raiders.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:28 pm

To be honest these are the guys I've really been looking forward to! Not quite sure why.... :roll:

So the shot above is the finished product? It would have been nice to see before and after shots.
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 am

ah, I didn't think before shots would have been too useful with the bare metal. If you were interested, here's the shot from GW that does a pretty good job of showing what they looked like:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... 73x627.jpg
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 am

The additions are very cool! Can you show a closeup of just one to really illustrate what you added? Looks like a bang up job!

factor40
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 am

I don't really have another shot of them right now, but I might get one taken later today. Depends on if I end up starting to paint or not.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Ha! you thought I was posting a pic, not this time! I just wanted to post that progress continues relatively well. Tomorrow I'm on schedule for unit insignia, eyes, touchups and the bases... and then I have the four detached arms which should go pretty quickly since they are all metal. If I'm lucky I'll have these sealed Sunday and photos up. As with the the tech marine, these guys have been VERY time consuming although unlike the tech marine I'm more or less on schedule with them :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

You're a cruel tease :x
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 am

Time to dredge up this thread. Now that the holidays are over I'm back with a little bit of painting. This is the start to the third and final epic reaver titan and it's planned to be a rather special piece. As such the base got far more attention than is typical. Next up are the legs.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 am

Is there any particular reason this one is planned to be so special?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 am

I've been feeling a bit in a rut and haven't really branched out into new techniques or ever really gotten comfortable with doing freehand. So I wanted to go ahead and make one epic mini that was covered with pattern work and frieze work on the model.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm

mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Painting