[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - shapeway's white strong flexible paintable ok?
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

shapeway's white strong flexible paintable ok?

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

shapeway's white strong flexible paintable ok?

Postby osjclatchford » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 am

was considering purchasing some bits from them in white strong flexible medium... can anyone here give me a candid report on the quality of this stuff compared to zac's gear. also whats the sp on painting this 'white strong flexible' stuff? I've found several reports ranging from doesn't take paint at all to soaks it up like a sponge. you guys know the score and wont bs me I'm sure so what say you... (oh I'll be base/under coating with chaos black spray) thanks in advance.

Latchford
osjclatchford
Casual

Re: shapeway's white strong flexible paintable ok?

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:15 am

I'm not sure how well it will take paint, but if you're planning to print miniatures you will be disappointed with that material. Frosted Ultra Detail is the absolute minimum quality needed (and even it is relatively poor for finely detailed stuff). For the record, my prints are done by Vision Proto at several times the cost of even Frosted Ultra Detail.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: shapeway's white strong flexible paintable ok?

Postby Fleafa » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:45 pm

WSF has a texture like 120 grit sandpaper but takes paint OK.
Horrible for figures/components, possibly acceptable for concrete-looking scenery.

Fleafa
Junkie

Return to Painting