[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Trygon Prime
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Trygon Prime

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Trygon Prime

Postby paulson games » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Trygon Prime

Postby mangozac » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

This goes great with your massive Tyranid army :P

Sorry, I'm in a sarcastic mood tonight ;)
It's certainly an impressive kit and has beautiful details!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 am

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 am

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby Seb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 am

If you ever said you were left handed I would have something entirely other to say about this sort of abrasion damage to your hand..... :lol:

Certainly no small Tyranid model, you going to attack it in a similar fashion to your Terminator painting technique?

- Seb
Seb

Postby mangozac » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 am

Hahaha nice one Seb :lol:

I always found it amusing when I ventured to my LHS and say the guys there holding minis as they sprayed them with black base coat. Then they would have a black hand for the rest of the day. I'm obviously not hard core enough - I blu-tack or glue my parts to bamboo skewers for airbrushing...
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 am

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:13 pm

paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby Seb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 am

I have to give it GW, these new washes are great stuff. The finish on the carapace is top rate, the manner in which the cranial plates just stand out more ruggedly.. aye, looks great.

The imagery is a little too dark to appreciate the wash over the red, but I can certainly see the ruddiness of it.

I've long given up on subtle shading coming through in photographs. Alot of my models look flat but rich in colour. When in actual fact there is a couple of tones of shading in that 'one' colour.

You mention 'P' this and 'P' that in the paint names, these Privateer colours?

- Seb
Seb

Postby paulson games » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 am

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:21 am

As Seb said, the tan coloured plates are looking excellent. I'm honestly really impressed!

You were mentioning something about blue claws somewhere above but I have to say I don't like that idea. IMO the blue will clash way too much with the red and tan. I personally would do the claws in the tan colour also but I'm thinking now that black wouldn't be such a bad colour to do them in.

If there's one bit of colour theory I always remember, it's that black goes with anything ;)
mangozac

Postby Seb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

Privateer indeed... may have to look into these. Cheers.

As for the claws? Definitely not the tan carapace colour.. my temptation is to make them darker red, verging on black at the tips..as if they are essentially hardened red carapace. Not unlike how our nails remain fairly close colour to our skin due to their slight opacity. I would imagine these wear down/break off as it tunnels.. so regrowing them similarly to nails seems a more natural adaption.

- Seb
'The Xenobiologist'
Seb

Postby mangozac » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:35 am

And that's why Seb is the Golden Demon winner and I haven't touched a paintbrush in a year ;)

Cool idea Seb. I like it!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm

paulson games

Next

Return to Painting