ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

small diorama

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

small diorama

Postby jay351 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 am

hi everyone im jason and being the new guy here i figured i had better post something for others to look at. it is a project ive been working on and off since febuary this year for golden demon . the photos arnt the best but it will give you an idea of what i can do, any crit bad or good is more than welcome. the cobble stone floor and the stairs are made from green stuff and the rocks are slate,the collums are lego donated buy my kids hope you all like :mrgreen:
hope you like the pics. the project has come along since these were taken just waiting for a mate to bring over better camera. i allso swapped the wizard for a empire hero thanx for takeing the time to look........................................................................
jay351
Casual

Re: small diorama

Postby mangozac » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey Jason great to have you on board!

That's some really great work on the diorama - the terrain textures are brilliant and overall layout very nice. It does convey the sense of a dual, which I assume is the category it's intended for? Forgive my ignorance but from these angles it looks like the read caped buy (wizard?) hasn't got a head :!:
I'm sure some other people can give you some feedback on your painting. I will comment that I feel the flames to be a little too neutral (perhaps they could do with further highlighting?) but I know how hard they are to do well.

Thanks for sharing!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: small diorama

Postby jay351 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanx for the feed back mangozac you hit the nail on the head it is for deul category and yes the wizard has no head it is easyer to paint off the mini and stick on when painted.yeah his flames do need more work but im not useing him on this project any more i have use for him in a larger diorama im going to start later in the year with heaps of skeletons and an evel wizard it will be a big fighting diorama set in a ruined castle. a lot more work yes but heaps of fun filled hours will post pics of mock up when i start :mrgreen: .i do have pics of other stuff ive been doing but i will wait for more feed back on this one first cheers........................................
jay351
Casual

Return to Painting