[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Project Log: An'ggrath the Unbound
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Project Log: An'ggrath the Unbound

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Project Log: An'ggrath the Unbound

Postby BlueRonin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am

So, moving right along... I actually didn't want to post about this guy before I wrapped up the Brass Scorpions for fear that people wouldn't take me seriously if they knew how many projects I had going on at once without seeing some of them actually being wrapped up in a timely fashion - so sorry to get on with this log after the model is already well on its way.

A couple notes - for anybody else who wants to build An'ggrath I'd recommend attaching all the small spikes and bits to the larger parts before assembling the larger parts (legs, torso, wings, etc) - I built the main parts first and it was a pain butting the small stuff on afterwords. There is some green stuffing necessary, but the texture around the gaps are so rough it is child's play to make it look good. I added the most green stuff around the wings' attachment points, as well as securing the join with some pins. It is such a natural way to pick up and hold/move the model (considering all the spikey bits one can impale oneself on on the main body), so it needs to be strong.

I also decided not to attach the whip - they will be attached with long pins that hold them in place, but without any glue. If they get glued, they will snap at some point when playing with this model (or more specifically transporting it), so I wanted to make sure they could simply be pulled out of its hand and stored separately. BTW, the base will be replaced with a more appropriate 100mm round base at a later date, so nothing much will be done to that.

This is a commission piece for the same army as the Brass Scorpions of Khorne, so it will get a similar treatment of washes and drybrushes to keep the painting workload effective in terms of time and result. It only took me an hour to put the model together, and so far I've only spent about an hour and half painting it. I don't think I'll need more than another 2-3 hours to wrap him up, but we'll see over the next few days.

I'll also snap some pictures during daylight so there is actually something meaningful to look at... ;)
BlueRonin
User

Re: Project Log: An'ggrath the Unbound

Postby Barn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 am

Barn
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

Ronin......

I heart you. This is Very cool, and I like where your going with this.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby BlueRonin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 am

Blasting away with this bad boy, and I've got a lot finished this evening. Just about all that is left is to work up verdigris and highlights on the brassworks, then detail the facial area - and finally the whips.

There are a couple small details and clean-ups apart from that, of course; and since the base will be left until the owner gets the base he really wants I figure I only have about an hour left - which means the project will only have taken me about 5 hours package to tabletop (without a base). Again, the goal is a speedy paintjob, but on this one I'm quite happy with the overall result given the limited amount of time.
BlueRonin
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 am

for only a TT standard commission it looks much better than my TT standard.

Im loving every morsel of it!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby BlueRonin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:22 am

Just a few details on the whip left (apart from the base, obviously)... so I thought I'd share some update pictures...

Image "Gimme your war face... waaaargh!"
BlueRonin
User

Postby mangozac » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 am

Beautiful, and I get the feeling that the pictures may not quite do it justice ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:50 am

just amazing.... nice work
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Return to Painting