[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Forge World Space Wolf Dreadnaught.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Forge World Space Wolf Dreadnaught.

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Forge World Space Wolf Dreadnaught.

Postby Barn » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 am

Started work on my Forge World Dread.

I'll be working on some more this arvo, so i'll see what else i can get done :)
Barn
User

Re: Forge World Space Wolf Dreadnaught.

Postby Barn » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:09 pm

I ended up getting the legs done. Took me several hours (amongst keeping my kids alive) to put magnets in the arms and on the banner pole, so maybe tomorrow i'll get some more painting done :)

Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 am

Good start Barn!

Are the feel and base all one piece or are the feet separate? Even if they're separate I know that each foot itself is a single piece and IMO it lets the model down a little: the toes need to be poseable (especially on the foot atop the wrecked engine) to really convey a sense of power and weight. But that's just a small gripe ;)

The painting looks solid enough so far. Is there normally that much gold on SW stuff?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Barn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 am

The base is actually and comes with the feet attached.

Yeah bronze/gold is generally the trim for Space Wolves, even more so on the older pure grey style which im using (instead of the baby blue of modern codex's).
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 am

Yeah I thought it was a FW base. Like I said, it would have done wonders for the design if they had broken the toes and reposed them. Oh well!

I like the "pure" grey selection. The baby blue is indeed a bit too pastel ;)
mangozac

Postby Barn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Finished up the body today, ecept for a final mithril highlight, forgot to steal that off a mate yesterday, have to wait till he comes back on Monday :P

Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:33 am

Hey that's looking really great Barn! Although we will have to school you in taking photos with an uncluttered backdrop ;)

The colours you've used are WAAAY better than the old school blue and yellow!
mangozac

Postby Barn » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:04 pm

lol thanks :)

Yeah ive been reading into making a simple photography light box, one day soon!
Barn
User

Postby Barn » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:29 am

I've left the centre of the banner clear for now. And as perusual, i can see a billion faults in the photo that i didnt see looking at the model :P but here it is anyway!:

Barn
User

Postby Barn » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:30 am

And yes, i'll keep working on my photography options :P
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Wow that looks great man! If the entire army is painted like that it will be a pretty sight on the tabletop ;)

And come on, the photos aren't big enough to see any faults! :P
mangozac

Return to Painting