[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Paint stripping resin
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Paint stripping resin

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Paint stripping resin

Postby Novista » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Novista
Casual

Postby Hiflt4 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:46 am

I use Castrol super clean, its great but it does stain the resin purple.
Hiflt4
User

Postby Matterbeast » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Matterbeast
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:04 am

Brake fluid is my go-to these days. I'd rather not leave my models smelling of disinfectant :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:44 am

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Novista » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:14 pm

I was about to post in here, then noticed I did a few years back (gulp). Moving on with dettol, don't leave it for longer than I week, it softens the resin and then when you start to scrub with said toothbrush, bits start to come off, until you notice, panic, calm down. Then eventually rebuild with greenstuff. :)
Novista
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:17 am

Worth noting that Fairy Power Spray in the UK has apparently changed formula and is no longer of any use.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:23 pm

I used Dettol (the strong brown stuff) to remove paint from some land raiders, it works but it leaves them stinking. It also isn't cheap when using it on large models.

for small partsI use Vallejo Acrylic thinners or Airbrush cleaner, I wouldn't leave it in the stuff though.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby osjclatchford » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:34 am

Well this is actually quite interesting. When stripping metal I always soak the white metal mini in a vat (empty tea light) of nitromoors and then scrub gently with a toothbrush under cold water. (Hot raises toxic fume) its always done the trick and as never done more than thouroghly clean my orkish builder hands. Anyhow. Thought I'd mention that I had an old sword class in soak yesterday but bravely tried stripping a Zeus frigate prow I'd previously painted. Instead of soaking I dipped the tooth brush and scrubbed it straight off. Easy. Did the same on an old forge world transport too. No disfigouration or damage... bonzer! A bit of a gamble on my part but it was well worth the risk considering the clean as bought finish it gives.
osjclatchford
Casual

Previous

Return to Painting