ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Finally picked up a brush yesterday...

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Finally picked up a brush yesterday...

Postby Joek » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:34 am

Well, quite honestly I haven't painted anything up for about a month now. However, an ideal christmas present was suddenly hit upon, and I've spend a quick few hours painting up this little lady from Hasslefree:

It's almost impossible to take a snap of her when you can actually see her eyes, so I refer you honorable folk to a slightly earlier shot here:

This isn't a piece that I'm spending the usual amount of time on - mainly because I see my friend on Monday at a work do - and that's it! Add to that I'm working tomorrow means that all in all this will have probably taken around 4 or so hours I suppose, when completed. Still, it's a really lovely figure to paint up - if oh so dinky! You tend to forget how small some figures are compared to what you usually paint up with GW ones! I'm glad I picked up a couple more of her at Salute earlier on in the year, as I'd really like to spend some quality time doing her a bit more justice.

I hope my friend likes it anyway! I call it my Blue Peter effort ;)
Joek
Casual

Re: Finally picked up a brush yesterday...

Postby mangozac » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:33 am

Indeed very dinky but I've always wondered if those random little figures from the likes of Hasslefree are a bit of fun. It is a great sculpt, although I feel the gun is a bit boring. In any case you've painted her quite nicely.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Finally picked up a brush yesterday...

Postby Joek » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 am

I think if I had more time, the gun would have been the first thing I'd have cut off and put something else on really!

The Hasslefree figures are a bit deceptive really - it was only after I primed it, that I noticed how finely cast the thing actually is - Kev White really knows how to play to metal's strengths really. He doesn't overload the figure with complicated details, but just enough to make it interesting!
Joek
Casual

Return to Painting