[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 am

hehe thanks. :)

He actually only sculpted the models and then had them cast in metal so I have no idea what all went on with that. It does make them much stronger for game use though.

There is one guy who is absolutely insane with the sculpting he does at 6mm. His Sisters of Battle and Tau etherial are just nuts. If you look it up I believe he's in one of the Incoming! epic magazines.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 am

Well I surprised myself yesterday and today and managed to finish up the last of the ground vehicles for the commission with these eight land raiders. This leaves me with two tactical detachments before hitting the air and space components. I'll probably finish up the skitarii before I start in on those though and clean one more set of models off my painting table. I'm pretty happy with how the weathering turned out on them and I started more work on lettering at epic scales with Dorn and the Argus raider.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Continuing this conversation to myself and after a fairly arduous week of work and little painting time, I got the pics taken of the second skitarii detachment. It's been a slow couple of weeks on painting but this now clears the table of my skitarii force until certain other items appear. I'll be back next week with more IF infantry and probably some speeders. Not much else will happen this week as I'm going out of town for a friends wedding and some other deadlines are coming due. Enjoy!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue May 11, 2010 2:29 pm

just for fun, here is a size comparison for epic scale infantry:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue May 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Wow, that scale shot really puts things into perspective! The level of detail you paint onto these guys is amazing!

Do you use any magnification equipment to paint them (not that I think it's necessary, but wouldn't be surprised if some people do)?

Is the AM army yours? What are your plans for it - titans, etc. ?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 am

Thanks! I don't use any magnification on them, just half decent vision :) This particular army is mine and is more of an expansion of the titan legion I already have. I've found that an all titan force really isn't so much fun to play so I'm doing a mixed titan/skitarii force so I can play with Macharius, ordinatus etc.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Wow... it's been almost a month since I last updated this. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth; I've just had some pressing deadlines that had to be completed the past few weeks which has consumed most of my usual painting time. I've been slowly working up the next to last tactical detachment for Cal which I finally managed to finish up the basing for yesterday along with a few more land speeders for myself. Those speeders have a bit to go but should be done before the end of the week (grass on the bases, shoulder pads, weathering and so detail sharpening).

If you are wondering about the lack of the rear shot, I somehow managed to clip part of the image when I snapped it and I didn't feel it worked well enough to bother posting it.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:59 pm

More tiny yellow marines!

Looking good as always, but I have to say that the heavy weapons sculpts are pretty average looking. Are they missile launchers?

Are the land speeders classic or modern versions?

I think I've asked you this before, but how often do you play Epic?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:10 pm

I believe the heavy weapons sculpts are old school heavy bolters. In fact I think those sculpts go back to the mid 80's. The forgeworld epic marines that saw some limited production where much better in their appearance. The speeders are the same as the metal 2nd or 3rd edition ones, so no flying high heel shoe.

As far as playing epic goes, I try to get in about one game a month same as with BFG.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Well, to finish out the projects on the table for the week, here's those 5 landspeeders. Now I have enough to use two detachments if I want. On to the IF strike cruiser now.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:46 am

Great as always. Do the speeders come with those bits of terrain they're attached to?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 pm

No, all that you get is the speeder and a really ugly peg to glue to a base. I use bits of ruins sprues that used to come attached to the bases when you bought them and glue those to the normal 20mm square bases. after that I glue on some dirt and debris before painting them up.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 am

It's been a while since my last post on this, but several things have kept me busy. I've finally pulled two of my three rhino chassis off the shelf they've been languishing on for the past two years and sat down to paint them. 397.5 coats of khaki later, I remember why I haven't touched them and why the third chassis will probably be waiting another two years to work up. I also started to wonder WHY I chose khaki for my scheme. Anyway, those were on hold this week while I worked up the last of the Imperial Fist infantry for my epic commission. The end is in sight!

Enjoy the last of the many tactical detachment:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:15 am

Astounding detail man, really enjoyed browsing your thread. For some reason my update subscription didn't alert me last time, spied this via the usual 'New Posts'

I think the thing I am mainly impressed with, your basing. At this scale it is so amazingly easy to drown the models or in the least distract you from the great painting.

Impressive force man, great work.

- Seb. :D
Seb

Postby Vaaish » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:10 am

I'm back with the start of the necrons I've been collecting for the last bit. I'm trying to knock out two of the three phalanxes this week. The second is going to get a rather compressed painting tonight and tomorrow. That will take care of the bulk of the infantry leaving a couple stands of pariahs, some wraiths, and all the tomb spiders before hitting the armor.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)