[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:26 am

We've been having some horrible weather lately which put a dent in my plan to paint titans. Thankfully the weather held this last weekend and I got everything primed. In the mean time I did have these guys partly painted so I went ahead and finished them out.

These guys round out most of my acquisisitons for my personal Imperial Fists army. I've still got a couple of things to go like repainting my 8 land raiders since the quality difference between them and these guys is laughable. I might also add in a few droppods at some point too. Enjoy!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:02 pm

A bit of progress between the craziness the past couple of months and ripping up the floor to put down laminate. I finished up these three today and I'm ready to move on to some BGH frigates before taking on six more warhounds.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Woah, very impressive! I can't wait for a Warlord Titan in that style popping up soon! ;-)
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

very nicely done!
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:26 pm

hehe a warlord in this style might just convince me to do a 3k force using the true scale titans.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 am

So I've painted a lot of titans. Something like 5 warlords, 8-10 reavers, and probably 15 or so Warhounds. Today, at least, I've finished out one more titan force so I shouldn't be painting more Warp Runners for a bit at least. :) Did a bit different job with the gold on these guys. Less blending and more hard edges to try to capture the feel of more reflective metal.

This time around it's four more warhounds and I've thrown in some group shots for fun.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:44 am

This is possibly the largest collection of well painted Epic titans in existence! They look fantastic and would be a beautiful (and intimidating) force on the battlefield ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Commissar-Krad » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Wonderful work, as always!
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Vaaish » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:04 am

Yeah, I've seen a couple of shots of their kin on the field a few years back but all of them on the table would definitely be impressive just in the sheer numbers.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:35 am

So these happened. I've had them on my shelf for a couple of years now waiting for me to get done with other projects. I present some 6mm Necron destroyers and heavy destroyers. Just leaves me with another pylon and a warbarque to figure out to round out my cron army.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:53 am

Fantastic :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:46 am

Because these guys were pretty simple to pull off being all black, here's a couple of Raven Guard vehicles. I didn't want to add in the white patches because it made them look a bit too much like modern Iron Hands colors. I think I'll go back to Battletech and finish out my replacement mech for the Dragoons next.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 am

So I'm coming in just after the end of January with these. My goal was to finish them up before the new month but I ran into a couple of snags that prevented that from happening. At least happening by much. :)

After finishing up the last major bits of my epic IF army it became pretty clear that the old land raiders I did just weren't cutting it and needed to be repainted. This is the fist set of four raiders to have that happen. I'm much happier with the result and they'll fit in much better with the rest of the armor.

Just to prove I've gotten better over the years, here's a shot for the folks who said I was crazy when I thought the old paint jobs were laughably bad compared to what I do now:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:51 am

Finished up the last of the custom 30k preds today. Just one more Land Raider to go to finish out the set. I tried to go with the more realistic flames than the more cartoony modern ones. I have mixed feelins on the result. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:27 am

I finished out the last of the 30k custom sculpts today, this one as Death Guard. I'm also putting up a group shot of all of them together. Interesting note: The grayer blacks on the Iron Fist Fellblade and Pred are GW's offering while the darker and richer blacks on everything else is the Vallejo. I hope you like it.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)