[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby mangozac » Mon May 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Yeah they are bizarre. Obviously designed in the 80s/90s ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:46 am

It has been a crazy month but I'm still alive. There are quite a few things going on behind the scenes, first of which is the Reaver. Right now the torso, shoulders, and rocket launcher are all ready for freehand and gold and I've finished the titan's head. Since that would be a rather odd post, I'll leave it for now until the torso is done.

Before everything went nuts, a particular water mammal sent up a couple of models for me to paint up. I've only had time to get one finished up and the other is still in pieces, but I'd like to present the Cherubdys Ordinatus. It's a very well designed model that was made frustrating by my zap-a-gap which seems past it's shelf life (it took nearly four hours for the glue to set which made the whole assembly more than a little frustrating).

I hope you enjoy it! Next up Blood Ravens. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:49 pm

That's a wild looking war machine! Beautiful painting as usual - for some reason I'm really enjoying the grey tones on this. Is there a reason the two motive units are facing different directions? I realise they can turn on the spot but I think I would have preferred if they were both pointing the same way...
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:16 pm

yeah, it's a crazy one :) I believe the motive units work kind of like a push-me-pull-you and generally face in opposite directions. I'm basing this on the cabs not being able to fit under the centerpiece. For this though, the arrangement was set up to make sure all of the lines worked and showed the model off in a reasonably small footprint.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 am

Ahh yeah I guess from a display perspective that makes sense.
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:29 am

well now that I'm done with these, I can say that I really don't want to paint another land raider for a VERY long time. I burned out around the middle of the week and had to break for some other projects but got them finished out today. 20ish land raiders in about a week is just too many.

Enjoy :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:26 am

And the epic blood ravens keep coming. This time it's 4 scout detachments with some custom models. Next up, another Ordinatus and some rapiers.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:38 am

A quick weekend update. Some old OOP Epic Rapiers. I've got to say, these things had far more detail on them than I expected when looking at the bare metal. Very nice models for epic scale.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Those look awesome from what i can see, could you possibly post a close up shot please?

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:52 pm

sure. Here's a slightly blurry close up of the left most rapier.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Man those look amazing! well done sir!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Very cool Vaaish! They are surprisingly detailed, aren't they? You should always make sure you include a close up shot of one item just to show off how good your painting looks even up close ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks. Perhaps I should, but some times it takes more time than I want to invest. :(

Today I finished up the second of the Ordinatus models. This one done in soviet green and red instead of the grays of the first. Turned out decently well. Now back to blood ravens. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:01 am

Returning to Blood Ravens, I finished up the last of the Terminators today. These guys were quite a challenge and took much more time than termies I've painted in the past due to the assembly needed and added detail. I'll be moving back to some FW thunderhawks and then back to the titan that's been on hold for a good bit to get it done for EpiComp this year.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 am

mate i love watching this thread! We need to talk ;)

Deadmeat30
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)