[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:09 am

Thanks, but that's actually the nightbringer. The lords are buried in the warrior phalanxes I posted earlier.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 am

And they are done. Here's the shots of the single warhounds and a group shot. Not much else to say.

Next up is finishing construction on my third minorus and paininting all three.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:19 am

Great work; I particularly enjoyed the weathering around the bottom of the shin armour.

You say these are true scale - are they scratchbuilds or conversions (or 3D prints - have to keep that in mind these days)?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Yeah, they actually make the FW epic Lucius pattern warhounds look like knight titans. They are digital scratch builds. One of the tac com guys built the model and then printed it. Made a few casts but they are not the best quality. A lot of air bubbles and mold blowouts and some fairly difficult to clean pour channels.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm

The models themselves look good from where I'm sitting. Perhaps more so just a testament to your modelling skills ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:38 am

or turning such things into battle damage :) The worst was I had to carve out the inside of the carapace since it had so much extra material that it wouldn't fit in place. YOu can still see the lack of detail on the hips if you compare the leg with the aquila on it to the leg without.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 am

More Epic! I'd hoped that this post would be all three minorus, but Xeones is still building the spotter plane for the landing pad one. It just needs to have the nose finished out and a bit of detail here and there so that one should appear sometime this weekend. After much back and forth between a traditional AdMech scheme or something more non-standard, this won out. I think it shows a good bit of the mechanicus red but also puts in a more olive gray-green since these things are supposed to be out in the field.

I'm finally drawing to a close on my skitarii with around 6 vehicles to go before my force is complete. To that end I'm charging forward on painting up the 6 marcharius that make up those missing vehicles. If all goes well, perhaps by the end of next week and I'll be back to titans.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 am

Very nice! I do like the choice of colours, the red ties it in Mechanicus enough.

One thing I'm not so keen on is the bright green chosen for the (what I think is) stained glass on the sides of the gun mount. I feel it clashes a bit too much with the other colours and draws attention away from what is the focal point - the giant cannon!

The project has turned out very nicely. Are you happy with the result?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks, I actually was a bit concerned about the green on teh windows myself, but after I put the cannon in place they seemed to fade into the background. Truth be told, I think they caught the light just right in those photos because they don't seem to be nearly as bright when I'm holding the thing in my hand.

I'm mostly happy with the project, I'm a little annoyed that the aquilla on the top of one of the cannons didn't go on quite centered and I think I probably should have extended the gold into the forward section of the cannon as well as making one of the cables on the back either copper or a striped black and yellow to ad a bit of variety.

EDIT: that said, I wasn't happy with how the windows looked anyway so I went back and add a bit more darks to them. You'll see the change in appearance when I do the group shot with the landing pad one.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:39 am

Today I finished up painting the spotter plane for the landing pad and gave it a coat of varnish. It'll need to cure for a few days before I can leave it permanently attached to the chassis so I don't pull off paint, but in the mean time here's a shot of the last ordinatus and a group shot of them. Next up macharius and more titans!

A careful comparison will see the adjusted windows on the quake cannon minorus. I aslo added a yellow and black striped cable to break up the monotony on the back but it's not visible in this shot.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 am

Just a slight update. After looking everything over last night and fiddling with the photos, I decided the intakes really did need just a bit more so I added in the little silver cowl to the front. Has the added benefit of fixing my slight offset drilling and makes the rectangle piece look more engine covering than the odd bit it was before.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Barn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:28 pm

These look absolutly fantastic.

Do you work from a list of 'wants', or just make what ever feels right?
Barn
User

Postby Vaaish » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Thanks. I typically just do what feels right aesthetically but in this case I did have to keep in mind some of the features from the old epic quake cannon model for titans when I was building mine and I used the Aeronautica Imperial landing pad from FW as inspiration for the design of the landing pad minorus.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Brilliant work as ever man. I'm getting a real Thunderbirds vibe from the fighter model I must say :D

Always enjoy reviewing this thread each time you update. What range of paints are you using?

Seb.
Seb

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks! Range of paints. Well the general answer to that is GW :) the more specific answer is a mix of codex grey and catachan green for the undercoat and then the same mix with in successive layers with more sunburst Yellow added to each. The final highlight is codex with a touch of white, dark flesh, and vomit brown.

Reds are dark flesh highlighted up to blood red and washed with delvan mud to tone. The rest is a pretty standard metals mix with boltgun and mithril silver and delvan mud wash.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)