ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:07 am

I'm back with another update. I finished up the predators today which leave me with 12 Vindicators until I'm officially done with the commission rhino chassis vehicles. In fact I can almost see the bottom of the box everything came in :) Hopefully this time the pics came out better too, though looking at them I think I'll be going back to the HDR method.

Enjoy; I'll be spending the rest of today finishing up to GS work on two BFG cruisers, cleaning vindicators and finishing the base coat for the TLAC dreadnought arm I'm working up.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 am

I love most the fact that they look better and are even weathered better than many 40k scale vehicles we see!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks, though I think that is a sad commentary on 40k painting standards rather than my own ability with epic for the most part.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm back with another update to the IF epic commission, this time with eight more vindicators. Only four more of them to go. However, I'm taking a little bit of a break over the rest of the weekend to hopefully finish up some varnishing and the last weapon arm for my venerable dread I posted the progress on a while back. Then it's back to the Fists with land raiders and the last of the vindicators.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Seriously, I feel solitary is aptly named, warhound, finish painting that walker! I finished up the last of the commissioned vindicators so I'm on to land raiders and the last of the infantry before moving into the air component.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:13 pm

I spoke to Warhound last night and he assures me an update won't be far off ;)

All those little tanks look so cute. You'll definitely have to get the owner to take shots of the completed army when it's all done.
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:57 am

Yeah, I hope to see a shot of everything together. It's been a huge number of epic everything Marines. I've gotten a great look at every epic marine kit that GW makes in the process of this and it really helps me know what to pick up some time to finish out my own marine ground component. Back to the topic at hand, a quick weekend project. I finally managed to get my hands of some of the old OOP epic marauders for a reasonable price and since all my other weekend projects were finished I decided to slap some paint on these guys. Tomorrow they get sealed and I'll probably move into some touchups of my 40k marine infantry. I pulled them all out the other day and I really need to add some contrast to some of the backpacks and fix the highlights on the helmets.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:15 am

Hey look! more Epic! :) This time it's Land Raiders and with another eight of them to go. RL has taken a toll and these took about a week longer than expected. Ah well. I think I'll be moving on to some skitarii now that I have an idea of where to go with the color scheme and especially now that the Skitarii list is coming into review.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:52 am

Awesome as always!

40k or Epic scale Skitarii?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:57 am

Epic Skitarii. :) I'm bored with the play style of straight up titan legions and I think they are mostly balanced as is. Since the skitarii list can take 50% titans I think it will be kind of fun to add in the infantry and advanced armor to add some interest to my tactical options.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 am

I'm back with the Skitarii Demi-century finished though I think I'll adjust the color scheme a bit on the next one. However, I won't be doing them for a while yet since I want to use this coming week to get the two praetorian servator detachments worked up. I see them as being much quicker than the last century and I need to figure out how to distinguish the tech lord from the tech priest on this one.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:31 am

I've finished up both the Praetorian Combat Servator detachments. They just need to be varnished to knock back the shine a bit on some of the washes but I found I was out of the gloss varnish I use as my protective layer and I don't want to jot hit them with dull coat since these are game pieces. I'm trying out a bit different color scheme for the tech priests in the command stand to see if it works alright for the Tech lord's skitarii demi-century. Unfortunately these models seemed to lack detail on the back side and some ares were a little rough plus they didn't really lend themselves to any nice freehand bits on them. As combat servators though I think they turned out quite fine. I'm going to be taking a bit of a break from painting this next week to finish out some projects that were on hold the last couple of days but then I'll be back with the last of the land raiders before tackling the last of the skitarii.

Detachment One:

Detachment Two:
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 am

They're so tiny it's hard to get much of an idea of exactly what they are. I read on Warseer (I think ?) that they are custom minis cast by someone. Are they specific AM or just generic sci fi?

I do like the effect of the "downed" guy ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Here's a larger image, just for you :)

The models were cast as AM specific by a guy on the tactical command forums.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 am

Wow that's a pretty amazing level of detail! I'm impressed at this guy's ability to cast such small parts well - I would be very worried about mould shift and flash issues!

Oh and now I see that the guy that I thought was "downed" is actually a guy on tracks! :lol:

The painting's not too bad either ;)
mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)