[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby mangozac » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Looking good as always. What kind of armour have you got lined up?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:22 am

Planning on a bunch of obelisks, some monoliths, and a a warbarque.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:07 am

And the second phalanx is done, but I'll have to wait and get it sealed tomorrow night. This also reminds me why I tend to do one detachment or model per week rather than two in a two days :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Your skill at Epic models is as usual inspiring, have you ever considered dabbling in 15mm tabletop gaming?

It seems to be the big ground swell movement online presently. Every boutique is producing a range it seems.

A great resource for the leading ranges can be found here : http://miniaturereview.blogspot.com/

Particularly this post

Amazing detail packed into 15mm, right up your street I think. ;)

- Seb
Seb

Postby Vaaish » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 am

To be honest, I have no desire to do anything 15mm right now. 28mm is great for converting and larger scale painting and epic is great for gameplay and the level of detail available is pretty impressive already. I just haven't been drawn to any of the 15mm systems.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Not a lot to say about this, but here are two more FW thunderhawks for the IF commission. I'll be varnishing these tomorrow before heading into a necron Pylon. Please ignore the bases as these aren't the final ones.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:00 am

Looks great as always. I must say that I do find the green cockpit windows a little offputting, but I don't have any other colour to suggest so you should probably ignore me ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks, I made the windows a bit brighter green than I have in the past which could be doing it. Of course the choices are basically green or blue and I suck at making nice blue windows it seems. Usually though the green works nicely with the yellow.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Xeones » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:30 am

I personally like the green. For me, it reminds me of the old WWII-era tinted windows on aircraft.
Xeones

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:03 pm

The more I look at it the more I get used to the green and it looks fine now. I think it may have been a little too bright for me at first which, combined with the bright yellow of the armour, didn't provide enough contrasting. It may well be just the photos though...
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 am

since we are talking about green, what better to post than a Pylon :) This marks my first time attempting to paint a large gem. I'm coming into crunch mode for my grad show so things might slow up or get faster. Because of that I'm concentrating on some of the easier models to finished out like the last phalanx and all the tomb spiders.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Very nice! Where does the model come from?

Are the lighter green recessed lines painted before or after the main colour of the pylon?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:57 pm

The model comes from a friend on the taccom forums. I'll eventually need to see if he has a second I can snag. In the mean time, I've got plenty of other bits to paint up. IIRC 8 stands of infantry, 12 obelisks, 6 monoliths, 9 wraiths, and 6 tomb spiders before I move into the stuff I don't have yet like the nightbringer or warbarque.

Still, now that I've actually gotten started, this force is going pretty quick. Back to your question though, I paint the recesses after I've got the main color on. In this case it's pretty easy since I just have to prime it black and do some overlay coats to cover any areas the primer missed.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Gorgeous work on the Pylon, that scorpion green running about the rim works well :)

You seem to make out it is a garage kit?

- Seb
Seb

Postby Vaaish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:26 am

Thanks. I guess you could say garage kit if I'm understanding your meaning. It's more of a 3d print and cast type thing than traditional scratch build though.

Oddly, I don't actually have scorpion green. I use snot green undercoat and build up goblin green before blending in straight sunburst yellow to taste.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)