[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:10 am

Hey look, more cron stuff :) I didn't get a chance to take a scale pic though. Anyway...this is going to be quite a massive Necron post. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll take a pic of the battleforce for epicomp. Anyway, after much toiling on the monoliths which somehow appeared deceptively simple and quick to paint I've got them finished and ready to go. That leaves me with the Nightbringer to paint and 9 wraiths to sculpt for the three stands I need to complete the 3k cron army. That said, If the weather is above 50F I'll be working on the DIY swap mini this coming week as well as assembling the last two thunderhawk landers for Cal. If not, I'll be painting the nightbringer and assembling models. Also on the list this week were the two remaining Necron objectives which are now finished :)

First set with their obelisks in formations:

And the second group:

And the objectives:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:39 am

Oh I didn't realise that the obelisks were smaller than the Monoliths. Which is dumb because I'm sure you have posted pics of them together before! The objectives look great. Really looking forward to the group shot!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks!
yeah, the obelisks are supposed to be a good bit weaker in durability and size than the monolith. IIRC they don't get living metal or the portal but move a bit faster and have longer ranged, harder hitting firepower. I'm slightly annoyed though, I messed up and didn't quite get one of the monoliths centered on the base.

If all goes well I'll get the group shot done tonight.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 am

since tonight is a prep and photo night, I've just a got a brief post with the necron battleforce pic:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:27 pm

It looks beautiful! The entire army shots of your work really are a credit to you. I'd love to see them on a tabletop against a similarly well painted army and it's a shame we won't see a shot like this of the marine army commission.

Always inspirational! ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Wait for the entire army shot! two more warrior phalanxes, another monolith detachment, an obelisk phalanx, and the nightbringer :) I'm actually hoping to see a group shot of the IF stuff eventually now that it's nearly done.

Well seeing I have around 4 epic armies now, seeing them on the tabletop is a very real possibility... except all the painting of armies leaves the game board sadly lacking in painted terrain or nice coverings. My ruined building are all gray plastic and the forests are white plastic shapes waiting for the removable tree bases to get finished. I do have one hill painted and we use some of Xeones craters he painted up too.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 pm

After I posted it occurred to me that there should be more! Well once you're finished all of the armies you're going to have to get stuck into some terrain!
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:39 am

Hopefully that won't be too long. I have some odds and ends with the armies I have now and I've got plans for an eldar army here soon but I've got to clear through some 40k stuff and more commission work before I get headway on those. I keep thinking about doing a terrain day here soon to get the forrest stuff finished out and paint some of the hills I've got.

In any event, I've finished up with the nightbringer and I'll be moving onto a 40k marine for the DIY swap on Bolter and Chainsword next. I'm also putting in a shot showing how big he is next to a 40k marine.

I finally got the comparison of the lander shot taken too:
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:28 am

Seriously do you have microscope eyes or something?

I can't believe how much detail you fit onto these models as they are tiny. I'm always blown away by this stuff.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Yeah great work the shading on the Nightbringer looks great!

Who did the sculpt for it? GW don't do any Epic Necrons at all do they?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:24 pm

No, not microscope eyes, at least not according to my eye doctor :) But thanks!

It's another forum special from tactical command. I'd toyed with the idea of sculpting my own but the point of the cron force was to get it done quickly and I didn't want to spend a long time sculpting if I didn't need to.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Well after far too long and more models than I care to count right now, I present the last two models of the IF commission I've been working on the last couple of years. (did I just say that!?!!). Granted they haven't all been consecutive and I've done some work finishing a couple of my own armies and three large 40k vehicles one of which was a fairly heavy bit of converting, but I'm now done with Phase one of the commission. If weather holds tomorrow I'll go ahead and finish sealing them and then prep them for shipping.

At this point, I don't think I'm going to paint much yellow for a bit. And I'm going to move back to BFG to finish up a blackstone fortress that's been sitting on my shelf for a year or more. Hope you enjoy it!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

As I always say: "very nice, as always" ;)

I can imagine you are very sick of painting yellow, but I'm sure you'll agree that practice makes perfect - it really does look fantastic. Not that your earlier IF models looks less good!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the Blackstone...
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah, it certainly does help on the technique. I look bat at the first IF land raiders I did for myself and they look fairly ratty compared to the last bits I've put out for the commission. I'm curious about the blasckstone myself. I really don't have much of a plan at the moment but that should change in the next few days.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:53 pm

You're almost savant like in your detail at this scale. The comparison between the Necron lord and the Chaplain.. just wow.

Superb work as always and I think I have this page set to auto-download imagery to the inspiration folders everytime :D

- Seb
Seb

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)