[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Frame Arms 14
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Frame Arms 14

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Frame Arms 14

Postby RageofAchilles » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:31 am

Thought I'd share a new finished model.
The Frame Arms 14 by Kotobukiya. For those that don't know Frame Arms are a range of 1/100 scale mecha kits, made in plastic and sold as "Action Figures". They are really nice kits and all come with the same internal skeletal structure, so you can swap armour around from different kits.

I found the joints to be a bit weak no14 is probably the bulkiest one they produce, anyhow I glued it in a fixed pose and gave it a full beat up paint job ;)

RageofAchilles
Habit

Re: Frame Arms 14

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:47 am

Nice work man! How tall is it?

The design is cool but the sharp edges make it look like it's papercraft or something! It feels like another pass of detailing would go down really well (do I sound like a broken record saying that lately?).

I don't know why but I do like comically large head features like that. I guess it's kind of like a horn...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Frame Arms 14

Postby RageofAchilles » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 am

Thanks!
It's standing on a 15cm base , so I guess that makes it about 18cm tall overall.
The head design is what sold it for me , when I saw it I had to buy the thing, unfortunately by the time I knew of it's existence it was a rare and difficult kit to find, paid quite a hefty sum for it from the importer, for what is essentially an action figure.

I know what you are saying about the flatness of it. I usually go for heavy curved surfaces, but it was so striking I couldn't resist. I have seen conversions of it, but it was diminished somehow.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)