[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Update on my Battletech/Mechwarrior 1:60 scale models
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Update on my Battletech/Mechwarrior 1:60 scale models

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Update on my Battletech/Mechwarrior 1:60 scale models

Postby smtk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:40 am

Latest to oldest

You can see more here
http://smtkelly.deviantart.com/gallery/
or follow the WIP here
http://reversedisabled.blogspot.co.uk/
Build Blog
smtk
User

Re: Update on my Battletech/Mechwarrior 1:60 scale models

Postby Vaaish » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 am

nicely done. I like how the Centurion came out particularly.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Xeones » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:55 am

Beautiful work as always smtk! What's next? Any new mechs on the horizon?
Xeones
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:35 am

Great to see an update, smtk! Man your mech production is prolific!

It's interesting to see how much you've refined your skills since we first met you - really impressive stuff nowadays ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby smtk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks I been refining, sad fact is I'm never happy with anything that's why I have the nickname Simoan. Every time I finish one this annoying voice nags at me to make a better one. I've bought my own CNC machine now a Roland MDX40a its allot slower than 3D printing but the results are undeniably good and (once I've paid off the purchase price) good value production.

I wish I could make more I reckon I good make 3 a year but kids (either being sick or getting me sick) and modelling/production problems just drop me down to 1.5

I still have to paint 4 more hunchies (2 for myself and 2 for the guys who make MWO). Then I'm going to have a bash at a leopard dropship table top scale.
I already have one SLS printed (because of the size of it) and tried to post clean it up I got pretty far (6weeks on it) but I just kept thinking there was a better way and it pushed me into the CNC route.

After the leopard something like thor/loki (together), mauler, warhammer, awesome
Build Blog
smtk
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:09 pm

mangozac

Postby Malika » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Cast them!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby smtk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Build Blog
smtk
User

Postby mangozac » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 am

That's great! I've not tried any true 3D work on my router but should get some model board and give it a go one day! What size cutting bits do you use?

Setting up for plastic injection would be very cool. It seems there is a big learning curve with that one though!
mangozac

Postby smtk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:52 am

15mm reach bits
2mm Ball end
1mm Ball end
0.64mm Ball end
0.64mm flat

Shorter detail bits
0.38mm flat
0.25mm flat
0.25mm ball end[/list]

looking to re-buy in 25mm
2mm Ball
1mm Ball
0.5mm Ball and flat[/list]

Looking to re-buy in 10mm
0.25mm ball

Maybe some kind of taper bit for the gaps I sized too small.

From what I've read about plastic moulding its all about making everything as a clam shell which you kinda have to do anyway with cnc to limit shrinkage and you have to over scale by a few percent for shrinkage aswell. Up shot is fuss free moulds that last 100 pulls and cheap parts that can be glued with cement.
Build Blog
smtk
User

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)