[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's 40k Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's 40k Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's 40k Stuff

Postby mangozac » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:09 am

VERY NICE! Really not much more to say ;)

I've always been a fan of bone base colours, and combined with the brown/maroon it really conveys that sense of regal age very well. As I've commented before, I really enjoy the use of the green accessories as an accent - it compliments the base colours very nicely and adds that extra bit of interesting detail.

So with this milestone reached what's next?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks! With this, I'll probably move back to epic since I have a necron army, commission stuff, and eldar waiting to get paint. For larger stuff I still have a techmarine and servators, another rhino, another AOBR dread to convert, and some bits to make two razorbacks. Not a whole lot, but not a little either :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Phew; here I was worried that you'd run out of stuff to paint :P
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 am

LOL, nope, sorry not looking like I'll be out stuff to paint for a good long while :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey, look, another year and another finished DIY Swap model for B&C. I really need to do a group shot of the four I've put together so far. I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish this guy up tonight. The banner took far longer than I'd anticipated.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:18 pm

LOVE the work on the banner. Your freehand work is so very impressive ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 am

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be doing another banner like this for some time. Too many paints out at one time and too time consuming. I think it took something like 9 or 10 hours to paint yesterday. Just for kicks I stuck him up on coolminiornot.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:41 am

Nice work Man!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:58 am

I really like him a lot, I know it's a deathwatch but he also has a lot of Templars feel.

Did you give him a matte coat at all? The black seems a bit reflective where the other details are more matte. It doesn't take away from the paint quality at all IMO just something I noticed, could also be an effect of the lighting.

Really top notch job all the way around.
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks, I don't think he's deathwatch though, just some guys chapter colors for a group heavily tied to the Admech. I figured the scheme wouldn't be that interesting so I threw on tons of bling to see how it would work since I never use most of those bits.

I did do a quick matte coat over him, but I don't really do much to varnish these guys in case I want to get the bits for other purposes.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 am

Another project done.... or at least mostly so. The hulls in the pic might seem a little familiar to those of you following my thread and you would be right to think so. All this update is for is the turret plate and HB turrets on top to let me swap out the rhinos for razorbacks.

I had originally planned on doing these stock but I just couldn't abide the targeter bit sticking up so far on a rather short turret so I chopped one up and added the lens bits in the middle making a much cleaner looking turret.

I'd also planned on doing a bit of freehand on the doors in the middle, but my original idea didn't seem to fit and I'm at a loss of what else to do so I left it blank to fill in once I get inspired at a later date.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 am

I agree that having the heavy bolter's targeting optics between the gun looks much better! Such a subtle mod it would be easy to miss ;)

One thing I'm not sold on is the exhaust stains on the sides of the exhausts. Or that's what I assume it's supposed to be? The effect seems a bit too mottled and unnatural...
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am

Those were one of my early attempts at adding heat discoloration and paint damage. It's hard to tell, but the area is mainly a dark boltgun with tinbitz mixed in. The effect has been more fully realized on the vents on the new top panel and on the sides of the razorback turret.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 am

Ahh ok that makes sense. The effect has worked a lot better on the top panel - as I said my main problem with it is the mottled pattern.

Oh and I forgot to say; as always I love the look of the lone green bolter. That splash of green is what really makes the model pop by adding to what can otherwise be very neutral earth tones of the bone and brown.
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:33 am

Update: This is again the color balance change to fix the yellow tint in the photos. There will be an update shortly for the epic thread.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)