[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Tau Markerlight Marker
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Tau Markerlight Marker

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Tau Markerlight Marker

Postby mangozac » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Well since Seb's comments today reminded me of this I thought I'd take some pictures and share.

I designed this back when I was playing a fair bit of 40k. It's fun to use counters to represent hits from a Markerlight (like a laser target designator the Tau have), and I took the concept way too far with a marker that contains a little LED. Although I've got the parts and everything to make 5 of them, I only ever got around to making the one :(

Without further ado, here's some pics:
Markerlight_1.JPG

Markerlight_3.JPG

Markerlight_2.JPG

As you can see, I had to increase the height of the base by a couple of mm to fit the electronics and battery underneath. Ignore my dodgy styrene work - this was before my days as a famous scratchbuilder ;)

The circuit design is pretty simple, but in order to maximise the life of the battery I designed a circuit with a tiny microcontroller (a PIC10F series for those in the know). Upon powerup the microcontroller flashes the LED in sequence three times every few seconds. It continues doing this for 5 minutes, after which it shuts down and enters sleep mode, drawing next to no power. It remains in sleep mode until it is woken up again by pressing the button.

Not much else to add but if you have any questions feel free to ask ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Tau Markerlight Marker

Postby paulson games » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:07 pm

That's a pretty cool piece. Definately a unique marker token.

Is it me or does the underside battery cover look like a robot head with a smiley face?
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)