[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish does battletech...
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish does battletech...

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish does battletech...

Postby Vaaish » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 am

well, it's been awhile. All manner of things conspired to make sure I've had no rest and not much time for painting. I've got to say these almost had me quit painting for a good long while too. Somehow after I was 90% finished I realized I'd painted the scheme inverted and I was prepared to strip them down and start over. Thankfully the client suggested a different scheme which only put their completion off by a week. All in all they didn't turn out horrible for a higher end table top quality job. These are painted up as Wolf in Exile Beta.

There were minor conversions on these for pose and giving the hellstar some beefier torso PPC's. I believe that the next couple of weeks will be spent prepping a large number of models for painting since we are hitting the cold season soon and I don't want to mess with priming outside.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 am

These just get better and better!

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby factor40 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 am

Good gravy! That's some fine painting. The white/grey blending is really well done. Are you using an airbrush or washes? Really good stuff!

factor40
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:18 am

Thanks, but no airbrush and no washes outside of an initial shading wash.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:50 am

Your shading work really is spectacular. I love the white and brown colour scheme too!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks, but I think the pics are actually helping smooth the transitions more than they really are. Everything is working shading wise, just not as smooth as a higher end job.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 am

The paint jobs look great. I'm not much of a fan of the newer BT mech designs but you do make them look really nice. The work is good I'm just totally biased for the older unseen designs :mrgreen:
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm

So I'm finally done with probably the crappiest thing I've painted in quite a while. These guys had far more issues than they should have from over complex paint mixes to having too little contrast and finally failing to even get a half decent photo. I may try again for individual shots as soon as I figure out some light setup that doesn't instantly erase all highlights and make them look like a three year old spit painted them.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 am

It was a late night last night but I think I have significantly improved the photos of the individual models to the point it makes some sense to post them.

Enjoy.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

We're all our harshest critics ;)

Seriously, I think this is some of your best work yet! Maybe it's just because I'm fond of the colours, but the Madcat (or Timberwolf or whatever name it goes by in this setting) looks absolutely stunning. I'm in love with the shading on the panels!
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 am

Thanks, but comparative to the reaver Titan and even some of my previous lances I just feel these lack contrast and much crispness is lost from the poor casting.

Areas like the missile pods or excessively fine detail on the legs, feet, and arms on the timber wolves muddy things up because you can't ignore it and yet it is nearly impossible to properly paint. It's compounded by my lack of contrast on the white legs that just gives things an unfinished and flat look.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat May 17, 2014 7:59 am

So it's been a long time coming, but I've finally finished up the last of my Inner Sphere lances. The goal was to have 4 IS lances of equal BV so I could mix and match and not have to worry about points. The second part of that was to figure out four DIFFERENT units that could plausibly fight the clans as well as each other or be allied.

What I ended up with is Wolf's Dragoons Epsilon Regiment, Eridani Light Horse 151'st, Ryuken-Roku, and last of all 1st Regulan Hussars. At some point I'll put together a shot of all the lances together, but for now here's the Hussars:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat May 17, 2014 8:13 am

Very nice man, those marauders look freaking awesome. I love the poses with the rifleman and warhammer they both look ready to bring the pain. Lovem!

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Sat May 17, 2014 10:23 am

thanks! there were some fights with the sculpts, but they turned out pretty well in the end. :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat May 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Very nice of course! I quite like the colour - very different ;)
mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)