[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 1/285 Zentraedi Regult & Tomahawk
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

1/285 Zentraedi Regult & Tomahawk

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

1/285 Zentraedi Regult & Tomahawk

Postby paulson games » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

I think this is probably the first complete miniature I've painted in two years. I did a couple 1/200 scale model kits since then, but not actual minis.

I didn't go for any shading or washes. I'd initally tried a wash but it made the white look really dirty and I figured in solid colors it'd look a bit more like the animated series. At soime point if they are up for it if Vaaish or Seb want to paint one of these I'd love to see somebody with some pro-skills have a hack at one.

Last edited by paulson games on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: 1/285 Zentraedi Regult

Postby Vaaish » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 am

that turned out nice :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Anvils Hammer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:58 am

yeah, nice clean white, good job, how tall is this mini?

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby paulson games » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:20 am

It's about 60mm tall. (it's mounted on a 40mm base).
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 am

Good job Paulson. Like I said on MSN, I do feel some of the black lines are too heavy and wonder if they might have been better off being a dark grey instead of black?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:05 pm

OMG two models in less than a month!

I feel like a snail that's rolling downhill while set on fire, it's more stuff than I've painted in 3 years. lol

I did some of the blacklining with the smallest micron pen they make and the black lining still looks really thick. It does help with the speed a bit. Colors in the pic aren't correct, tan colors give my camera fits and even with balancing them in photoshop they still aren't quite right.

The red is GW scab red so in person it's slightly darker, the tan is a 50/50 mix of P3 paint hammerfall khaki & bloodtracker brown which is a slightly more muddy brown than the pics show. (the pics show it way more yellow for some reason)

paulson games

Re: 1/285 Zentraedi Regult & Tomahawk

Postby Vaaish » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 am

I think a dark brown would have been better for the panel lines than the solid black. It's breaking it up more than the other one.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:28 am

Yeah the colour balance on that pic is really screwed up! I have to agree with Vaaish that the black lining feels too strong, especially with these colours. Is there any highlighting at all? Surely some of those sharp corners would benefit from that...
mangozac

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey I just thought I'd mention that there's been a surge of Battletech stuff on WargamerAU lately:

mangozac

Postby pat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:24 pm

very nice!
pat
Casual

Postby paulson games » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:21 am

I suck at painting compaired to all you incredibly tallented peoples, I'm looking at you Vaaish & Seb :P

I wanted some pieces to use for demos and to use with promoting the game so I sent some of the Robotech proototypes out to Maz (aka Winterdyne from Dakka) at the beginning of the month and he sent me some pics earlier today.

Don't worry Seb I should have yours on the way to your golden brush by end of the week.
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:14 am

Winterdyne is a good painter and I think he's done an excellent job on those. I personally find the "scratches" a bit uniform and deep to be natural at this scale. It's one of my huge beefs with 40k style weathering.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:21 am

Once your school semester is done you're going to have to show him up a notch ;) I still want you to paint some when you free up.

I do agree that in a technical sense they are rather heavy but I think if they were thin and small it'd get lost espeically at table distance. I think he hits a decent mark with the weathering and highlighting, it's far better than I can personally do and I think it'll grab a lot of attention to see something like these on display at future conventions.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am

Wow beautiful stuff! I can see what Vaaish is talking about, but it certainly doesn't detract from the painting at all. No offence Jon but maybe you need to get him to give you some painting tips! ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:00 am

I'd love to, but it's seriously hard to beat the initial airbrush shading by hand and it takes a LOT longer to do :) I should start having a bit more time in the next couple of weeks, but I really need to make some progress on the strike cruisers. They've languished for quite a while.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)