[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Something different
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Something different

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Something different

Postby plaztix » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 am

I hope this is in the correct place...

I don't cast figures/models, I cast and make pens and similar items. They probably aren't to the caliber of your creations but, here is a sample of what I do.

plaztix
Casual

Re: Something different

Postby paulson games » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm

That's pretty nice, are the pieces enfused with color or do you apply some sort of color to the inside of the part?

How do you go about molding them?
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby plaztix » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am

Thanks.
That one is a four color pour. The color is mixed into the resin, any color combination is possible. I use either a sqaure mold at 1" deep or a round mold to make rods. The best molds are silicone but, other materials will work.
I've added some pics of cast parts that aren't assembled yet.

Thanks for looking.
plaztix
Casual

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 am

Wow they look fantastic! Its amazing to see the variety of people that come to RA with some awesome projects! Not just about miniatures!

I look forward to seeing some more of your work plaztix

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:04 am

I agree.... Those are really cool! I have a pen i got for Christmas that was turned from the Mercer Oak, And I love it. How cool would it be to have a Pen to match my Dice while I game??? Very IMHO!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby plaztix » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks... I'm working on a pen right now. I will post a pic when it's finished.
Happy new year!!
plaztix
Casual

Postby aginsberg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 am

These are beautiful! Who do you buy your resin and colors from?
aginsberg
Casual

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)