ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

So... Reaper anyone?

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

So... Reaper anyone?

Postby Vaaish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 am

Quick update time. I finished up a mini for a painting competition here at my LGS today. part of the money is going for children's cancer research and the minis are going to be given to some of the kids. They let us pick from a box of Reaper Bones minis and I decided on the Nick Stone character. This guy has a brighter color scheme than I might normally do just because of the event.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Re: So... Reaper anyone?

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 am

Splendid paint job! They are gonna love it. I hope the brighter paint job brightens their day.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 am

Really interesting to see something non grimdark from you Vaaish! Tis indeed beautiful as usual and the brightness looks good ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 am

Thanks, yeah it was a bit of a different thing for me. Kind of a fun break too. The material is pretty odd, painting really high quality was difficult since everything went super shiny on the model. couldn't tell if blends were really clean or not. Since it's a vinyl like material they said not to prime it and it was difficult to clean since scraping didn't work on cleaning mold lines.

The figures are insanely cheap though... something like $2.50 for a 28mm figure.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:51 am

I know you did this some time ago, but when I saw it I had to just say well done! the colour contrast between the blue and orange works really well and as always perfectly executed :)
love the stripe on the gun too, makes it pop!

I have an extensive collection of reaper minis in pewter, quite often they cost more to import from the U.S then the minis themselves. I like that they are geared towards roleplayers and collectors. some talented sculptors too.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:20 am

hehe, that's ok. Thanks! The model was pretty fun to paint up, unfortunately the shiny nature of the Vallejo paints I used for the blue made it hard to tell if the blends were good and there's a line on the back of the model I wasn't able to see until after it was done. :(
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)