[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Completed Secret Project: Zeus Cruiser
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Completed Secret Project: Zeus Cruiser

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Completed Secret Project: Zeus Cruiser

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:38 pm

You read it correctly: not a but a full blown, cruiser size, Zeus pattern ship design!

This project began following prompting from friends that I need to round out the Zeus fleet with a distinctive cruiser model, different from just slapping a Zeus prow on a plastic GW Imperial cruiser. Scratchbuilding larger ships takes a significant amount of time, something I just don't have at the moment!

At around that time I was contacted by a fan of my work who goes by the screen name Armand. He wanted to share with me some pictures of Battlefleet Gothic style models that he was creating in 3D and some of which he was even having printed! I was impressed with his work and had an idea: why not get him to create me a 3D model to use for the Zeus Cruiser? I have contacts for getting high resolution 3D prints done economically so it would definitely be feasible!

Over the following weeks Armand and I exchanged many emails as he gradually put together the model and I gave him feedback on certain design decisions. He came up with some really cool design ideas also! There was a bit of a hold up as the printer I had originally planed to use was too busy so I ended up trying out another printing service. The print finally arrived this week so I wasted no time in moulding it up and casting a copy!

I'm very pleased with the result! As you can see I'm using my original Zeus Prow sculpt and the weapons batteries I did for the Zeus Light Cruiser with the new hull. Also note the size comparison with the standard Imperial cruiser: length is quite similar but the Zeus Cruiser is a lot more streamlined.

Thanks to Armand for his fantastic 3D modelling work - it certainly made this project a lot easier than it would have otherwise been!

Enjoy!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Completed Secret Project: Zeus Cruiser

Postby Malika » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Holy crap...that's just amazing! So is this gonna get cast and be available at your shop soon? :D
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Very nice!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Very slick!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:09 pm

mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Great finish to the project Zac its a real testimony to the design aesethic you were going for. :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Malika » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Kick ass! You need to work more with Armand, he really has some cool stuff, and combined with your skills I can imagine possible world domination. :D
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 am

Dan I'll bring you one over when I come visit ;)

Malika yeah who knows there might be more collaboration in the future ;)
mangozac

Postby TomG » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Interesting design. Will be available only hull without prow and batteries?
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:53 am

Thanks Tom. Yeah I'm sure we can arrange a deal for some hulls only ;)
mangozac

Postby TomG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm

That is good. I want put my hands on them and made few changes. Cos they have potential, but you need add few details. They look to me now a bit too modern for BFG ship.
TomG
User

Postby mangozac » Thu May 01, 2014 8:13 am

Yes, admittedly they do have a more modern style. I guess that's the aim with the Zeus ships: they are created by a more modern Shipyard than others ;)
mangozac

Postby Commissar-Krad » Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 am

This is fantastic! That model is really, really nice. Complements the other Zeus ships very well, and will go along nicely with any GW Imperial ships.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Malika » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:48 pm

And what did I just find ?
Malika
Junkie

Postby TomG » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:56 pm

I just saw it on warseer too in Sheeps thread. Nice cruisers.
TomG
User

Next

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)