[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - [BFG] WIP Emperor Cruiser/Battle Barge.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

[BFG] WIP Emperor Cruiser/Battle Barge.

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

[BFG] WIP Emperor Cruiser/Battle Barge.

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:15 pm

These are old photos that are from another thread that i was doing during the creation of another ship, but I took some new pics and am starting this thread as a wip thread.

The art of inspiration.

It has been made to fit the weapon sides from my other ship the Typhoon strike cruiser.

C&C welcome and encouraged i hope to have many more pics of the wip in the future.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Re: [BFG] WIP Emperor Cruiser/Battle Barge.

Postby Malika » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:31 pm

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

How big is this ship going to be?
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Update!

Been working on the nose of this beast, had to scrap two of them to get to this point, this type of shape has never been easy for me but i am starting to get the hang of how to do it... it's mostly persistance though. I added some pics of part of the ship together and next to a standard GW cruiser for scale. This thing is around 6.5cm right now i expect it to be atleast 9.5cm same as imperial cruiser, or perhaps 10.5 at most. It's a thick ship, reminds me of the grand cruiser alot. C&C welcome! And idea's on anything i can add to make it better!

Thanks for looking,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:12 am

Looks like it might need a bit of work to better mate the disparity between the gun bays and the prow?
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:55 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 pm

I made more progress on this monster, the nose is turning out to be a pretty big piece. That was expected as the last ship i created was thinner in the middle and heavier on either end. I added ribbing along the edges of the nose top and bottom, did some straps on the lower one i had in the image. Added some pillar/window style on the middle, they are different and alternate hard to see because it's white. I added a generator on the bottom of the nose. Last couple things i have left before i can finish with this and move to the engines is, complete the top of the ship, make the cannon, and extend the rear of the ship back 3mm to make it sit flush with the center section.

As i know when i watch a wip i really do like lots of pics on progression, you can learn a lot from pics. So i decided to snap a bunch as i go and put them up so people can see this item grow.

C&C welcome and encouraged, thanks for lookin!
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:02 am

Update! Finished the nose, flushed it to the body. Finished the cannon out the front of the nose, i will still be making a piece that has torp holes. Did a mock up with the antenna turrets, broadside cannons, and launch bays. C&C welcome and encouraged!

Thanks for lookin,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Just pondering, if you'll be casting them, have you considered making it (a) multipart and (b) include some variant bits in there, so that the prow for example could have carry torpedoes and such. :)
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:16 pm

We shall see about that Gun-wun.

Been working on the rear engine area. Starting some of the detail on the lower half, already aborted 1 upper and bridge, it just didn't look right. I think this beast is coming together nicely, i really started slowing down as i hit the rear part but i'm still pluggin away at this. I added the launch bay and energy turrets in this picture. The ship is right about 10.5cm long which is one cm longer then a standard imperial cruiser, so it should fit in nicely. C&C welcome and encouraged.

Thanks for looking,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Update, added the fin.

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Pix » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:02 am

How are you gone paint this monster ?
Pix
Casual

Postby Commissar-Krad » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 am

This is looking wondrous! Very cool design!
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby aussiekirgan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Nice work, great work on the prow in particular. It might be that you could get some more length into the ship to turn it into a true beast!
aussiekirgan
User

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:02 pm

After some serious creators block on this project i've made some progress. The bridge section was an issue, if you look at the picture i had no idea what i was going to do.

Blue tac was holding it together, not very well might i add so sorry about the poor picture quality. Ive created the main outline of everything i am no adding in the detail, the bridge window and secondary bridge window is complete, i've also started some detail on the cooling fin on the rear.

C&C welcome.

thanks,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Next

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding