[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - .
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Postby paulson games » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: The Giant 3-D Space Hulk Log

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Dude that is an epic couple of posts! Now pull your finger out and get the project finished off!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:38 am

This does look quite cool and I think that resin is a much better method that plaster... unfortunately I don't think I'd have room to store a full 3d version of the game... my hat's off to you.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Pelenor » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 pm

I was following this back on Warseer, and it is still al epic as a remebered.

I for one am all for the differing ship styles, imo its what makes Space hulk, your not on one vessle, you on hundrends of ships crammed and squished together.

Keep it up!
Pelenor
Casual

Postby Warhound » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey Jon,

I reeeeallly hope that you get around to doing even one wall plate for 'TAUHULK' as I would have some off you- they would be ideal for my GD diorama!

love this project!

cheers
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Postby Seb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Man, being able to read through that all in one place was great. More easily followed your thinking without posting breaks. Been interesting reading about your red layering technique.

I do like Marks' ever so subtle hint about the Tau Hulk section.. you sod :P chuckle

Makes me harken back to thoughts on my Dungeon pieces again... once I get settled I think 2010 should be a very creative year. Particularly with inspiring projects like this :D

- Seb.
Seb

Postby blind pig » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:42 pm

blind pig
Junkie

Postby Grover » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:13 am

That's some pretty awesome work!

Now I'm new to casting, so I don't know if what I'm about to say makes sense.
I don't know if it's a realistic idea, but maybe some form of foaming agent could allow you to reduce the amount of resin you need. I actually don't know if it even exists for the type of resin you use, but there are some polymer foams out there that are pretty sturdy and lightweight. Most of their final volume is air, so it would allow you to use only a fraction of the quantity you would typically use.
Grover
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:30 am

Funny you mention that Grover, blind pig has just recently been telling us about a foaming resin that could possibly work for this. It just might be a bit fiddly in places.
mangozac

Postby blind pig » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:37 am

I didn't think of the R-Foam for this.

You'd need one of the higher density foams (like R-Foam 200), thicker moulds (or MDF reinforcement) and expect a few boo boos' while getting the volume just right, but yup, it'd work.

:D
blind pig
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:41 pm

mangozac

Postby paulson games » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:20 pm

REALLY nice work! The pipes look fantastic!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 am

Last edited by paulson games on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Next

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding