[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - New XV-9 Commander
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

New XV-9 Commander

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

New XV-9 Commander

Postby paulson games » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:32 am

Picked up a set of the new XV-9 suits & commander which finally arrived today, figured i'd try and get some nice clean shots of the parts.

More pics are up in my photobucket gallery, I tried to cover all the main parts if you need a shot of any particular part just let me know.

The parts are really well cast and pretty much devoid of any mold lines or flash, much better casts than the original burst cannon XV-9 I picked up. The commander has a new torso & head sculpt and also includes two drones. New shoulder pads on each suit and over the shoulder vectored thrusters instead of the wings. The legs and torsos are the same as the earlier burst cannon sculpt. The fusion cascade and phased ion gun model both come with 3 differant head options which gives a nice way to customise the suits. Now the only question is, do I build these stock or do I start kit bashing these? ;)

I need to find the playtest rules for these, if anyone can point me in the right direction please shoot me a PM.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: New XV-9 Commander

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 am

Y'know, I reckon these are the first battlesuits ever that are going to look totally awesome stock. I love all of the new parts; they are a big improvement over the original XV9. FW have really excelled themselves this time!

Thanks for the pics Jon :)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding