[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Centurion Mecha
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Centurion Mecha

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Centurion Mecha

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby TomG » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Omnissiash is calling you. You know it for a while. :mrgreen:
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby Fleafa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 am

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:52 am

Attachments
Chaingun.jpg
Chaingun_mounting.jpg
mangozac

Postby Islacrusez » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:31 am

I'm more of a fan of the two guns to bear; would a 180 degree swivel not be possible, allowing the weapon to be reversed?
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 am

Yeah being able to swivel 180 degrees would be ideal, but being mounted so close to the body that's not going to be doable. Upon further thought they definitely need to be able to be both pointed forward and to do that I need a somewhat symmetrical design. Originally I wanted to mount the drum feed on the side, which would mean that it would be too bulky to mount next to the body without building two as mirror images.

So I came up with this:

Chaingun_svg.png

Chaingun_sketch.jpg

(Ignore the boring rear end shape - it will be suitably styled when I make the part)

While not properly symmetrical, the vertical silhouette is close enough (which is important to ensure that the one part will fit on both sides of the torso). I've had to make a compromise and use a ball joint for mounting (which I was trying to avoid), but it's not too bad.

Thoughts?
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:13 am

Could you show us a current pic of the mech from the rear, looking up, focusing primarily on the area you intend to mount the chainguns to?
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:18 am

mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 pm

I have an idea. I've tried to upload it from work but it won't work it keep kicking me out and making me log in again. I've emailed it to you Zac :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Wow this beast is really coming along man, that gattling cannon is sweet!!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri May 02, 2014 8:08 am

mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Fri May 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Man i wish i had one of those cnc tool thingies you have their. Good stuff on this, can't wait till it's dunzo!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Fri May 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Great solution!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri May 02, 2014 10:35 pm

Thanks guys!

Blind: I'm not gonna lie, the CNC router is awesome to have. It does take a bit of knowledge to operate it though so it's not something that will make your work instantly a million times better. I'm often coming up with creative uses for it like this as a kind of hybrid tool, different to how it's usually expected to be used.
mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding