[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Centurion Mecha
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Centurion Mecha

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Centurion Mecha

Postby mangozac » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:54 am

When I see those pictures the first thing I think of is......blur!

the legs may be a little similar but I assure you that the final product will be much different ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:10 pm

blind pig
Junkie

Postby Barn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 am

I ment i was more htinking 'I might use centurian mecha's for dreadknights' :P
Barn
User

Postby Arkangel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 am

Not sure I'm keen on this whole 'Dread-Knight' thing. Does anyone know if it's Plastic or Metal?
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:20 am

at the size that thing is, it has to be plastic.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:44 am

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:17 am

Well from the looks of it, a dreadnought or similar model would be about waist high on the dreadknight. THat makes for a rather impressively sized metal model and I just don't see something like that as more affordable in metal than just doing it in plastic.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 am

Ahem Allow me to take my thread back on topic....... ;)

Like I said, my design will be very different to that one with regards to the upper torso. Actually, looking at the Dread Knight again reminds me of the APC from the Matrix.

I'm not making any progress at the moment as I'm waiting for some bits to arrive (such as some power cables from Dragon Forge). I've been putting off doing the tread on the bottom of the foot too. I did however tear off all of the banding from the thigh armour and have got a cool idea of how to improve it for the next run, which will be done with 0.5mm thick styrene instead of 1mm.
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 am

A thread you say....that stays ON TOPIC?......(*Gasp*)

I'm not sure you should start a trend Zac people will talk.. :lol:

However I am looking forward to seeing the upgraded, down sized, banding.

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 am

I know it's a mind blowing concept, but we'll give it a go :P
mangozac

Postby Barn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:56 pm

*Stands back and watches the tumble weeds roll through the thread*

:P
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Ok Ok Barn has got a point. I can't believe it's been two months now!

To be perfectly honest I haven't done one bit of modelling in this time. I don't know why but I just haven't felt like it - perhaps it's some mild hobby burnout? I've been working very hard with my day job, been interstate on business for a week, getting very friendly with a particular lady, mucking around with my car, researching CNC routing setups and generally keeping very busy.

I can't see myself getting back to this project for a while either: I'm headed on an overseas holiday next week and when I finally do get back into modelling I've picked up a couple of commission projects :(

Sorry to disappoint those who are following the project so keenly. A year ago I would have been stressing about not making any progress but this year I'm taking a more relaxed approach: first and foremost this is just a hobby so if I don't feel like doing it then there is no point getting stressed about it!
mangozac

Postby Barn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 am

Gee you have been busy by the sounds of it!

I totally know what you meen about burnout, im righ ton the edge of it myself. I have a few things left to paint, then not much for a few months while i save up :P
Barn
User

Postby blind pig » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:29 pm

blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah yeah I know everybody's telling me that at the moment! :P

I got some 1mm diameter bits for my router which will let me do some pretty fine detail, however you're right, I might have to take you up on the offer for laser engraving some logos in styrene.

I pulled the bag of Centurion parts out of the drawer today and had a look. There's two things to do before I can start moulding and get a full set of legs:
1. Make the tread on the bottom of the foot (which I'll use the CNC router to whip up).
2. Finish off the thigh armour for the left leg. This is actually a fair bit of work since at the moment it needs a lot of filing and shaping. Not fun. :cry:

Hopefully I'll get cracking on it next week.
mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding