[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Base designing templates.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Base designing templates.

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Base designing templates.

Postby Barn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm

So I was sitting here, trying to work out some patterns to create some more bases to match the ones I have already posted.

I traced a couple bases onto some paper to draw them... and decided I should just make some printable sheets!

So far i have just done 25mm, 40mm, 60mm and Bike Bases.

Mangozac Edit: I've attached the bases to this post ;)
Attachments
2.5cm Bases.pdf
(82.06 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
40m bases.pdf
(80.2 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
60m Bases.pdf
(79.04 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
Bike Bases.pdf
(79.89 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
Barn
User

Re: Base designing templates.

Postby mangozac » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Oh yeah I had forgotten that you make your bases out of foamcore.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Barn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Actually, the bases I made where from pizza packaging... but thats another story :P

Its after 11pm and near 28 outside, far to hot for this overweight Victorian. Dip in the pool and off to bed, i'll tell the story tomorrow!
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:18 am

So what do you use to seal the corrugated centre of the base?
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 am

I would imagine a little clay would do the trick....

And This is a good idea if your printing these out to cut out yourself. I have LOADS of pain with foamcore circles and cardstock circles, so I use econobases for my Masters. I also have been known to use a plastic base with minis and sculpt and cast that too....
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 am

You could alternatively just use Jeff's base blanks: . That's what I'd do :)
It mentions something about an "open license" on the page, which I assume means you could add details, recast and sell?
mangozac

Postby Barn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 am

The pizza base is actually a foam one. Its off a fresh pizza you get from the deli section of a supermarket. You know the uncooked ones that are shrink wrapped?

I was going to use foam core, but the piece I have was too 'shiny' with the cardboard on, and to thin when I pealed some of it off. The pizza base was perfect!

And the print out I did were really just for sketching with :)

I'll draw in the circles to get an idea of where I want certain features to go, how different patterns will work etc. Once im happy with the drawn idea's, it will be much easier to replicate them on some bases to cast.

One sheet of 25mm bases I have actually drawn a pattern just over the whole page, so I can replicate the area's within the circle, and maintain a uniformity if you get what I mean.
Barn
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 am

Jeff we'll work out my sales commission later :P
mangozac

Postby Barn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Im continuing the series i started with my first go at casting (which i'll do a thread on!) but i thought i'd share how i use these templates.

This pic gives a quick look at what im working on.

In this one you can see how its going from paper to base.
Barn
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Very good idea if doing "sets" of bases like your plans. What is the material that the ruined pavers are made from? It seems to have a metallic fleck?
mangozac

Postby Barn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Its the foam tray you get on fresh pizza's in the deli section of the supermarket :P
Barn
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:23 am

AHHH!!! I now see how this is useful to me.....

That is a very good idea for planning and its one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments...
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Dragonforge » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 am

Hehehe I just saw this thread.. yes My bases come with a open license..as in buy it..sculpt it and its ok to mold it to make production molds.

I don't grant a license to reproduce it as is for resale.. yes If you wanted to sculpt, mold, cast 10 different sets of bike bases I would prefer you to buy 10 sets of base blanks..but I'm not going to raid your home or shop to see if your recasting my blanks to sculpt on..just don't recast and sell them as blanks is all I ask. Yes Ive had someone try that already..

By the way, Ill add 60mm, 200mm,250mm, and 330mm round blanks to the store here soon.

Zac, checks in the mail buddy! ;)
Dragonforge
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Next

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding