[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - BFG Commission: Zeus Destroyer
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

BFG Commission: Zeus Destroyer

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Re: BFG Commission: Zeus Destroyer

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:20 am

Nice. I want one :) Of course, I want most of your BFG stuff :/

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Hatemonger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:04 am

You couldn't even drill out the gun barrels? Tsk, tsk, shoddy workmanship. :lol:

I agree with Vaaish's assessment, but also your sentiments: there are some things that could be changed, but I don't think they hurt the look. As one idea, you could try plugging a couple of the tubes with antenna/gun barrel rods. Maybe you could do some variants?

Good work, though! What will you charge for them?

- H8
Hatemonger
Casual

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am

If only I hadn't misplaced my 0.25mm drill bit.......
Not really, I don't have one that small! Although I do have a 0.5mm drill which is impossible to use in a pin vice because I'm unable to place enough pressure on it to start removing material without flexing the drill too much.

If the user was that worried abut the extra torpedo tubes it would take all of about 5 seconds to plug them up with some putty ;)

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Lane » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 pm

The closest I have to .25mm is a #80 bit at 80 0.0135" (0.343 mm)
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 pm

And I don't imagine it can drill very deep. 1mm? 2mm maybe?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Lane » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:00 am

Without measuring I would say 2-3mm.
Lane
Habit

Previous

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding