[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - BFG: Zeus Frigate
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

BFG: Zeus Frigate

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Re: BFG: Zeus Frigate

Postby Vaaish » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 am

that's turning out quite well. Will you add a small turret to the top to represent the LFR WB?
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 am

I hadn't thought of that, but I guess I should! I might just grab one of the turrets from the Destroyer kit and use that. The problem there is that it still has the broadside cannons. Ideally they would be replaced with something else, but that would be a lot more effort and I have no idea what I'd put there...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 pm

I think you are safe leaving them as is. The gw stuff has both and the stats give the ships both LFR batteries. Can we convince you on the marine type prow? :) maybe a prow pack for both the frigate and destroyer?
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Excellent! I stuck one of the Destroyer turrets on top and it's "job's a good 'un". Going in silicone soon!

Yeah I'll do you guys some Marine prows for them. After I finish the Warhound diorama ;)
mangozac

Postby aussiekirgan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Love it - in particular the detail around the underside of the prow and lance - awesome.
aussiekirgan
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm really pleased with that too - the pictures unfortunately don't do it justice :(
mangozac

Postby Commissar-Krad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 pm

It's looking great, Zac!
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Vaaish » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Haha, so marine prows about the time I'm done with the battletech and epic stuff and actually get to paint bfg again? :D
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:12 pm

OK I'm going to post some pics of the first cast on here because I screwed up tinting a new batch of resin so the cast is really light and hard to photograph well. I'll wait until I have some better pics before I post them on my blog. You guys should consider yourselves very lucky :P

Frigate_WIP_15.jpg

Frigate_WIP_16.jpg

Frigate_WIP_17.jpg

Vaaish - sounds like a good plan. Although maybe you should sketch what you want the marine prow to look like to give me some motivation/inspiration ;)
mangozac

Postby Xeones » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 am

Xeones

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:07 am

mangozac

Postby aussiekirgan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Very very cool, the eagle crest does a lot for the lance as well!
aussiekirgan
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Finally got some decent pics:

mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 am

That turned out pretty good. Now that I can see the side better I think it looks a bit empty above and below the gun ports compared to the rest of the model. I think perhaps some extra detailing might have helped across there.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:51 am

Yeah that's something I only picked up while studying these extreme close-ups too. Oh well it's all done now!
mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding