[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Learning the craft - help
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Learning the craft - help

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Learning the craft - help

Postby MzPepper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:59 am

Hi there, I am new to the group and looking for some advice on casting. I need some suggestions for tutorials/lessons etc... how to get started when you have NO idea what the heck you are supposed to do.

I am looking to make moulds for my own work that is usually in polymer, wax, metal, and sometimes natural materials (bark, leaves,etc). I know how to make basic ones (one sided lol) but I have no idea how to make more complex ones that represent both sides of my work.

I feel silly asking such a basic question when you are all obviously seriously into this hobby.. but it never hurts to ask. :oops:

I would love to find some video (dvd lol) lessons if they even exist as I do better with that style of learning.

Thanks,
Pep
MzPepper
Casual

Re: Learning the craft - help

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:07 am

Hi Pep, welcome to RA!

What are the items you want to cast? Jewellery or display pieces? The basic casting experience you have is a good start! What silicone and resin products have you been using?

A lot of the information you're after can be found in the subforum, but to answer your specific requests we have:

- A post of recommended Youtube videos:
- Split moulds for casting both sides of an object:
- Oh and Jon's extensive casting tutorial:

Don't feel silly asking questions: we all had to start somewhere!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to The Waiting Room