[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - My plan...
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

My plan...

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: My plan...

Postby harkovast » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:15 am

I remember waiting for that Khorne battleship to come out! That pissed me off! I really wanted it and I held off on making my khorne fleet for ages waiting for that thing.

I wonder how many of the metal voss light cruisers are still in circulation? And I wonder how insanely expensive they would get on ebay if someone sold one?

I have a Helios fleet related question...
We've seen a cruiser and we've seen frigates, but what other ships are planned? I remember seeing something about them getting a battle ship, but what about light cruisers, grand cuisers, destroyers or defences?
harkovast
User

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 am

Yeah we've got a battleship and destroyers planned. Grand Cruisers are really a BFG Imperial thing so we have no plans for that specific niche - it can be converted if need be. Light cruisers will probably be addressed at some point...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby horizon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:05 pm

For those Voss cruisers: dunno, not much were made before the mastermould broke. One could harass Ray Bell, Nate Montez or Bob Henderson as they have some of those copies for sure. But I doubt they'll sell them.
Or ask Rodrigo Barberaz to scratchbuild some ;)

I can understand the choice of no Grand Cruisers. But I really wonder how the battleship(s) will end up of all three factions. :)
(Will it still be three now you are perhaps going to team up with France?)
horizon
User

Postby harkovast » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:13 am

Hmm Horizon I don't know any of those people but if you get chance, please ask them if they are thinking of selling one.
Its the one thing I need to make my bfg collection perfect!

Mangozac have you considered making defences, space stations and transports to go with the helios fleet?
I know those are kind of secondary thing, but I feel like defences are essential to round out a side properly.
Also, I remember you are a bit of a fan of the BFG transport models so that might be a good chance for you to make something along those lines.
harkovast
User

Postby horizon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:46 am

, those three are the BFG rule committee. And they would need to sell more then one. ;)
horizon
User

Postby harkovast » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:59 am

Why would they need to sell more than one?
harkovast
User

Postby horizon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Because I want one, you want one, Zac would probably want one. ;)
horizon
User

Postby harkovast » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:18 am

Hmm good point.
I think I better get to the back of the line.
Still, at least I can have the resin equivalent!
harkovast
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:29 am

mangozac

Postby harkovast » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 am

That makes sense.
Obviously the ships are the main thing! Anything else is a bonus.

I'm really perfectionist with BFG orginisation, so when I have a fleet I want to have all the transports, bases and everything else to go along with it.

Sorry if these suggestions seem to be heaping more things one your plate, I'm happy just to see more models.
harkovast
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:11 am

I understand and also aesthetically enjoy fleets that are kitted out with support vessels too ;)
No need to apologise!
mangozac

Postby harkovast » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:05 pm

My way for organising my ships is to break each faction up into smaller fleets.
So I have a basic imperial fleet with the normal models, one with the rogue trader models, then ones with the Zeus prow etc.
Each one is kind of self contained and painted in a different colour scheme.
Then I have one set of transports and defences that each fleet in that faction shares.
harkovast
User

Previous

Return to The Waiting Room