[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Ordinance
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Ordinance

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Ordinance

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 am

If I remember correctly without having to dig up the actual post, those items looked really good. The design aesthetic is in the similar vein of your battle group Helios as well. They might sell poorly on their own but just add them in to the price of each ship and make them part of the kit. Don't give an option to just get the ship on its own. If it can fire torps give it two torp markers depending on displacement.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby harkovast » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 am

I don't like the idea of forcing me to buy ordinance with the ships.
My ordinance is all based in an usual way (its on sqaures the size of old GW epic bases on flying stands with hexagonal bases) so other ordinance that doesn't fit with that design would be no use to me.

I would prefer loose oridinance I can base how I want and the option to buy it, rather than including it with models automatically.

Spartan games does that and it just makes models I want more expensive as it includes extra stuff I don't want.
I have a webcomic!
harkovast
User

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 am

Yes but it comes down to the whole, will ordinance sold separately even be worth the cost of production to even offer it if it's a low seller. Taking 1-4 depending on the ship if it can use it wouldn't be to crazy or expensive especially if your buying 3 cobra style ships with 2-3 ordinance in a package. A little extra cost to help one of the very few producers of stuff like doesn't seem to outrageous in my opinion. The extra cost would probably run a dollar maybe 2.

Just a thought,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby horizon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:16 pm

iirc Vaaish stopped that ordnance* project because of it being not really worthwhile in terms of cost/production.

What you could do for Helios is this:
Have the main kit and have the website show options for that ship, so if you buy a cruiser offer the option to add a pack of torpedoes or fighters/bombers for xx price.
Just as C&E has the option to include a base/stem for xx price when you pick a ship.

* An ordinance is a municipal or county law. Ordnance is a mass noun referring to military materials such as weapons, ammunition, equipment, and vehicles.
;)
horizon
User

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:52 am

While bundling the ordnance markers with the kits does make sense from an economy point of view, there is a significant proportion of people who won't like it so it unnecessarily inflates the cost of the kits.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby harkovast » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 am

Horizon I actually wanted county laws made of resin to go with my space ships.
Isn't that what we were all talking about?
I have a webcomic!
harkovast
User

Previous

Return to The Waiting Room