ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

ISC Faction- Taban minis

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

ISC Faction- Taban minis

Postby Warhound » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 am

Just because I know Paulson will like them....... :lol:

http://www.taban-miniatures.com/eden-factions4.html

A very interesting model line with 4 original concepts- what do you guys think?

cheers
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: ISC Faction- Taban minis

Postby paulson games » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 am

I am definately going to pick up the ISC guys. Love the feel for their other miniatures as well. The only downside is their website is a royal pain to navigate.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 am

Yes, some interesting minis in there. But their web designer should be shot!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:49 am

I realized that these minis reminded me of the cyborg/mecha samurai in lonewolf 2100 and also a little bit of the three robo assassins from samurai jack which are all patterned after the Hidari assassin brothers from the original lonewolf and cub series. Each brother has a unique weapon and wears one of the funky woven hats simular to the 3 immortals from big trouble in little china who are also styled after the Hidari bros. When their names are written in japanese kanji they form a character which represents the immortals of death.

Anyways the original lone wolf and cub is a truly awesome series as is lone wolf 2100 which is like a post apoc mad max setting meets bad ass cyborg samurai and ninja, definately worth the read, both are published by darkhorse comics so they are fairly easy to get ahold of even being out of print.

Here's some of the designs from LW&C 2100
Great inspiration bits I think I may have to source from for my future designs.

Not from LW&C but found this while i was digging through my old comics, from wildcats coda war, but screams out the boba fett and imperial clone influeces

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:56 am

WOW! Man that is some awesome imagery - you've been holding out on us. I may just have to pick up a copy of this Lone Wolf 2100!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:07 pm

There's a total of 11 issuses of LW 2100, or they also have it compiled into 3 graphic novels.

Darkhorse still has them on their website for retail, $2.99 per issue or $12.99 for the graphic novels.

I've had these sitting in my collection for a long time hadn't thought about them until I saw the minis and it was like a lightning bolt when I made the mental connection. It's a great series and I think I'll be giving it a re-read.

My personal preference is for the individual comics over the graphic novels, the reason bing is that the colors in the comics tends to be a lot richer and less glossy. Graphic novels are great for teh price and having everything compiled in one place but the paper is almost always glossy and it doesn't have as vibrant colors and the colors aren't blended nearly as well. It's a minor thing but I tend to be picky on small details. ;)

The original lone wolf and cub series is great, although best picke dup in graphic novel form, it's black and white and on normal comic paper so no quality differance. Also finding the original issues is a chore and a half, not to mention very pricey as the comic version has been out of print since '85. The graphic novels are great and once you start on the first you'll need the rest.

Blade of the immortal is another series that dark horse publishes that's made out of pure samurai win.
paulson games

Postby Warhound » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

WOW!

Some great concepts there! I will def be using them for inspiration when I get around to the Mecha I want to do (new year now:( )

cheers man
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Return to The Waiting Room